- What's Included
BUILT FOR BIG THINGS
For podcasters, videographers, bloggers, journalists and more, the F2 is the perfect audio solution for creators on the move.
DON’T BE FOOLED BY ITS SIZE
The F2 is incredibly small, but its audio quality will amaze you.
AUDIO ON AUTOPILOT
The F2 features 32-bit float recording technology, allowing you to record the loudest audio signals without worrying about clipping. It will also record the quietest signals in beautiful detail. And the best part is you don’t have to worry about setting the gain. Just plug in the lav and hit record.
Once you start your recording, use the F2’s HOLD switch to ensure you don’t accidentally stop recording.
LOCK ‘N LAV
Screw-lock connectors keep your lav plugged-in securely no matter the situation.
THE F2 EDITOR
The F2 Editor for PC and Mac allows you to adjust settings, format SD cards and more. Simply connect your F2 or F2-BT via a USB cable and launch the editor. The USB connection also makes it easy to transfer files to your computer. See the F2 Editor features here.
FREE EDITING SOFTWARE
The Zoom F2 comes with a free download license for Steinberg’s WaveLab Cast software. WaveLab Cast helps you finalize your project with a wide range of comprehensive editing, mixing, and refinement tools.
INPUT LED This lights according to the input level through the INPUT jack.
BATT LED The color of the light changes according to the remaining battery charge.
OUTPUT VOLUME −/+ CONTROL Use these to adjust the headphone output volume.
REC/PLAY LED This lights during recording and playback.
POWER/HOLD SWITCH Use this to turn the power ON/OFF and to disable button operation.
REC BUTTON Use this to start/stop recording.
TRANSPORT CONTROLS Use to play and stop recorded ﬁles.
DC 5V (USB TYPE-C) CONNECTOR Connect to your computer with a USB-C cable to transfer files and adjust settings using the F2 Editor software. This port can also be used to provide power to the F2/F2-BT.
OUTPUT JACK Connect headphones here.
INPUT JACK Connect a lavalier mic here.
BELT CLIP MICROSD CARD SLOT Insert a microSD card up to 512 Gb
- Light and compact audio recorder
- 32-Bit Float recording for full dynamic range and clip free recording
- No gain adjustment necessary
- Records 44.1kHz/32-bit float or 48kHz/32-bit float audio files
- Rec Hold function to avoid accidental operation of buttons
- 1/8" Mic In mini phone jack with Plug-in power (2.5V)
- Stereo ⅛" Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated volume control
- 80 Hz low cut filter
- High precision internal clock to avoid audio and video syncing issues
- Wireless timecode synchronization (F2-BT model only)*
- Records directly to micro SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards up to 512 GB
- USB-C for connection to F2 Editor for settings
- Built-in Bluetooth for connection to the F2 Control app for settings adjustment and remote transport control (F2-BT model only)
- Runs on only 2 standard AAA alkaline, Lithium, or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or AC adapter (AD-17)
- Up to 15 hours of operation (14 hours on the F2-BT) with two AAA alkaline batteries
*F2-BT connection to UltraSync BLUE device by Timecode Systems is required.
- USB TYPE-C
- MASS STORAGE OPERATION USB 2.0 High Speed
- PC APP OPERATION USB 2.0 High Speed
- 2 AAA BATTERIES (ALKALINE, LITHIUM OR RECHARGEABLE NIMH BATTERIES) AC ADAPTER (ZOOM AD-17): DC 5 V/1 A
- BLUETOOTH: Bluetooth Ver4.2 (F2-BT only)
- CONTINUOUS RECORDING TIME WHEN USING LAVALIER MIC (48KHZ/32-BIT FLOAT): Alkaline batteries: about 14 hours
- NiMH batteries (750 mAh): about 10 hours Lithium batteries: about 18 hours
- • The above values are approximate.
- EXTERNAL DIMENSIONS: 57.5 mm (W) × 46.4 mm (H) × 22.4 mm (D)
- WEIGHT (MAIN UNIT ONLY): 32 g
- LAVALIER MIC
- CONNECTOR: 3.5 mm stereo mini (with screw lock)
- DIRECTIONALITY: Omnidirectional
- SENSITIVITY: –32 dB/Pa at 1 kHz
- MAXIMUM SOUND PRESSURE INPUT: 115 dB SPL
- CABLE LENGTH: 160 cm
- F2 or F2-BT Field Recorder
- LMF-2 Lavalier Microphone
- 3 - WSL-1 Windscreen
- MCL-1 Mic Clip
- 2 - AAA Batteries
- WaveLab Cast Software
- F2/F2-BT Operation Manual