- System Requirements
- Studio Accessories
A studio in a mic.
Every musician knows the secret to a great sound is a great microphone, and at its core, Revelator™ delivers the professional performance you’d expect from a studio microphone. But we didn’t stop there. Revelator’s mixer features compression and EQ modeled on world-class analog processors. An independent reverb bus lets you add just the right amount of shimmer to your sound. Two stereo loopback channels make it easy to add backing tracks and more. When you’re looking for the ultimate live streaming and home recording set-up for singer-songwriters, look no further than Revelator.
Studio sound made easy.
Revelator is the first USB microphone to provide State Space-modeled analog processing onboard with the same Fat Channel gate, compressor, and EQ our StudioLive Series III mixers offer. You can enjoy extensive, studio-style processing whether recording in the studio or streaming live. And once you’ve dialed in that perfect sound, you can save it as a preset to use over and over again at the press of a button. An independent reverb bus lets you add shimmer to your performance with ease. Like what you hear? All processing can be printed to your recording, or just used for your monitor mix, you decide.
A mic for any occasion.
Professional studios feature a locker full of different microphones so audio engineers have the right tool for the job. Don’t let the single-mic recording set-up fool you, Revelator features three different pick-up patterns for maximum flexibility.
- For performances when you’re recording solo, use Cardioid Mode to pick up the sound you want and remove the sounds you don’t.
- Recording with a friend? Change to Figure 8 Mode to use one side of the mic for you and the other for your partner.
- Recording with a few friends? Switch to Omnidirectional Mode to pick up sound all the way around the microphone.
- Professional bus-powered USB-C®-compatible microphone for podcasting, streaming, vlogging, gaming, home recording, and more
- Three different patterns to choose from:
- Cardioid—for single-source applications
- Figure 8—perfect for interviews and collaboration
- Omnidirectional—to pick up the entire room
- Headphone output with volume control and zero-latency monitoring
- 96 kHz / 24-bit operation for pristine audio recording
- Elegant desktop stand with built-in cable management
- Unique Multi Mode configures Revelator as three stereo devices—Revelator, Revelator Loopback 1, and Revelator Loopback 2—to make recording Zoom calls or streaming gameplay a breeze
- 6-in/6-out audio interface
- 2 dedicated input streams for the Revelator microphone
- 2 dedicated output streams for headphone monitoring
- 4-in/4-out virtual streams for application-to-application recording and playback with loopback options for macOS and Windows
- Built-in Fat Channel with EQ, compressor, gate, and limiter plus voice effects, and reverb, with 8 easy-to-use factory presets and 8 user presets.
- Access up to 4 presets from Revelator; additional presets are available in Universal Control
- Universal Control Surface software mixer with effects editing and hardware control
- Studio One® Artist included
- Studio Magic software bundle included
- Ableton® Live Lite included
- macOS® and Windows® compatible
- iOS® and iPadOS® compatible (may require a Camera Connection Kit)
- Chromebook compatible
- macOS version 10.13 or later
- 200 MB storage space and 4 GB RAM for Universal Control (required for firmware updates)
- Available USB port
- Windows 10 or later (64-Bit Only)
- 200 MB storage space and 4 GB RAM for Universal Control (required for firmware updates and low-latency ASIO support)
- Available USB port
- Chrome OS
The above are the hardware system requirements for this product.
DAW software and Operating System requirements vary.
- Type Mono Condenser
- Polar Pattern Cardioid, Bidirectional (Figure 8), Omnidirectional
- Frequency Response (±3.0 dB) 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity 1 mV/Pa
- Max SPL 110 dB <3% THD
- Headphone Output
- Type 1/8" TRS active stereo
- Power Output (RMS) 22.6 mW (16Ω)
- THD 0.008%
- Frequency Response 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Impedance 16Ω
- Dynamic Range 77.5 dB
- Audio Interface
- Type USB-C® compatible USB 2.0
- Sample Rate 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz (Note: 44.1 and 48 kHz only on macOS while in Multi Mode)
- Bit Depth 24-bit
- Power USB Bus Power
- Hardware Controls Direct Monitor, Mic Gain, Headphone Level, Mute, Preset Select
- Software Controls Mic Gain, Pattern Select, Monitor Mix, Preset Management
- Onboard DSP
- PreSonus Fat Channel: High Pass Filter, Noise Gate, 3 Compressor models, 3 EQ models, and Limiter
- Voice Effects: Comb Filter, Delay, Doubler, Ring Modulator, Vocoder
- Dimensions (HxWxD) 8.875" x 5.125" x 5.125" (225 x 130 x 130 mm)
- Weight 1.6 lbs. (0.73 kg)