The right speech doesn’t just inform. It can excite and even transform those who hear it. So, we designed the MX418 to treat spoken audio with the detail and respect it deserves. Because clarity commands attention.
The MX418 delivers the responsiveness to everything you want them to hear—and controls what you don’t. It’s great sound and reliable performance, without noise or distractions. Even installation was rethought and reengineered to be simpler and smoother for AV integration. Precise, tailored-for-speech audio for any size room.
In tune with speech
Microflex microphone cartridges are focused specifically to capture human voice, so the talker always comes through clearly.
No installation headaches
The variety of mounting and form factor options make the MX418 easy to set up in any space.
Shure Commshield® is built into Microflex to reject RF interference from ever-present smart phones, keeping the focus on the performance.
Only the detail you want
A snap-fit windscreen keeps breath and plosives from being a distraction. While vibration noise gets absorbed by the integrated shock mount. Only speech gets through.
- 18-inch gooseneck
- 12-inch gooseneck available
- Low-profile design
- Dual-flex gooseneck provides easy mic adjustment
- Versions available with mute button, LED indicator, locking flange and shockmount assemblies
- Can mount on table, lectern, podium or similar surface
- Interchangeable cartridges ensure great audio in any environment
- Frequency Response (Figure 1) 50 to 17,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern (Figure 2)
- Output Impedance (at 1,000 Hz) Rated at 150 Ω (180 Ω actual)
- Open Circuit Sensitivity
- At 1 kHz, ref. 1 V per Pascal*
- Cardioid: –33.5 dBV (21.1 mV)
- Supercardioid: –32.5 dBV (23.7 mV)
- Omnidirectional: –28.0 dBV (39.8 mV)
- * 1 Pascal=94 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL (1kHz at 1% THD, 1 kΩ load)
- Cardioid: 123.0 dB
- Supercardioid: 122.0 dB
- Omnidirectional: 117.5 dB
- Equivalent Output Noise (A-weighted)
- Cardioid: 29.0 dB SPL
- Supercardioid: 28.0 dB SPL
- Omnidirectional: 70.5 dB SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio (referenced at 94 dB SPL)
- Cardioid: 65.0 dB
- Supercardioid: 66.0 dB
- Omnidirectional: 70.5 dB
- Dynamic Range with 1 kΩ load 94.0 dB
- Common Mode Rejection 45.0 dB minimum
- Mute Switch Attenuation 50.0 dB minimum
- Preamplifier Output Clipping Level (1% THD) –6.0 dBV (0.5 V)
- Polarity - Positive sound pressure on diaphram produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of XLR output connector.
- Power Requirements 11 to 52 Vdc phantom, 2.0 mA
- Environmental Requirements
- Operating Temperature Range: –18° to 57° C (0° to 135° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0 to 95%
- MX412D: 0.81 kg (1.80 lbs.) net, 1.63 kg (3.62 lbs.) packaged
- MX418D: 0.82 kg (1.82 lbs.) net, 1.64 kg (3.64 lbs.) packaged
- Cable Type (figure 7)
- The attached custom cable contains a shielded audio pair and
- three unshielded conductors for logic control.
- Overall diameter=0.6 mm (0.165 in.)
- Certification - Eligible to bear CE Marking. Conforms to European EMC Directive 89/336/EEC. Meets applicable tests and performance criteria in European Standard EN55103 (1996) parts 1 and 2, for residential (E1) and light industrial (E2) environments
- 1 - 65B8264 Flange
- 1 - 65B8265 Retainer
- 1 - 80A439 Isolation Ring
- 1 - RK412WS Snap-fit Foam Windscreen (1 furnished, 4 in replacement kit)
- 1 - A400SM Shock Mount
- 1 - 80A67 Hex Wrench #4