- Studio Accessories
Peerless beats - solid analog drum sounds and an Electribe-style sequencer
Even today, more than thirty years after the age dominated by analog synthesizers, we just can't let go of the sound of analog rhythm machines. Those thick sounds have the power to stand up to guitar and acoustic drums, and are still indispensable for track-making or live performance.
The volca beats gives you those analog drums plus the easy-to-use step sequencer of the Electribe; it lets you turn your inspiration into reality and generate beats with the best high quality sounds.
Real analog sounds created with reference to classic rhythm machines
The volca beats provides six of the sounds for which the greatness of analog shines most clearly: Kick, Snare, Hi Tom, Lo Tom, Closed Hi Hat, and Open Hi Hat. Paying careful attention to the standard sounds that are indispensable for dance music and that are included on numerous synthesizers and sampling CDs, we've designed powerful new sounds that could not be produced by any means other than analog.
Maximum impact from minimal parameters - a unique advantage of analog
The volca beats provides a carefully selected minimal set of parameters that let you quickly create the drum sound you want. For example, simply by using the three knobs Click, Pitch, and Decay, you can create an incredible variety of kick sounds, ranging from rough sounds that dominate the low range to tight sounds that keep a precise beat.
PCM sound engine covers sounds for which analog is unsuited
The PCM sound engine is used to cover sounds for which an analog synth is unsuited, such as Clap, Claves, Agogo, and Crash. We've also paid attention to the PCM engine, and have reproduced the rough lo-fi sound of the '80s. These sounds are a good match with the analog drums, and you can also create even more distinctive sounds by changing the PCM Speed to dramatically raise or lower the pitch.
The Electribe's step sequencer
This step sequencer is designed to make editing easy and to let you add or remove parts in an improvisational way. You can use the 16 step keys to intuitively enter notes while visually monitoring the timing of the notes within the measure. You can also play the touch panel keyboard to record in real time.
Up to eight sequence patterns you create can be stored in internal memory.
Stutter function generates repeated triggers that dramatically change the sequence
You can use the Stutter function to dramatically expand your live performance possibilities by adding drum rolls or delay-like effects. It can be used to completely transform the feel of the entire pattern, or as a fill when switching patterns. Movements of the Stutter knob can also be recorded in a sequence.
Active Step function and Step Jump function generate new beats by inserting or removing steps
The Active Step function lets you skip a step during sequence playback; the Step Jump function instantly plays only the step you're pressing. It can create effects similar to a short loop or unexpectedly irregular rhythms, allowing dynamic performances just as though you were performing the sequence itself.
- Powerful analog drum sounds
- Real analog sounds created with reference to classic rhythm machines
- Maximum effect from minimal parameters - a unique advantage of analog
- PCM sound engine expands possibilities when used with analog sounds
- Loop sequencer distilled from the Electribe series
- The Electribe series step sequencer
- Stutter function generates repeated triggers that dramatically change the sequence
- Active Step function generates new bass lines by removing or inserting steps.
- Step Jump function instantly plays only the step you're pressing
- Convenient functions for incredible ease of use
- SYNC jack and MIDI IN connector allow synchronized performances with multiple units or with your DAW
- Compact size, battery-powered operation, and built-in speaker for enjoyment anywhere
- Keyboard Multi touch trigger pad / step key
- Analog synthesis (Kick, Snare, Hi Tom, Lo Tom, Closed Hi Hat/Open Hi Hat)
- PCM synthesis (Clap, Claves, Agogo, Crash)
- Kick Click, Pitch, Decay, Part Level
- Snare Snappy, Pitch, Decay, Part Level
- Tom Hi Pitch, Lo Pitch, Decay, Part Level
- Hi Hat Closed Decay, Open Decay, Grain, Part Level
- PCM PCM Speed, Part Level
- Number of part 10
- Number of Steps 16
- Number of Recording Patterns 8
- Audio Output Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V) , Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum Output level: 5V)
- MIDI In
- Battery Life Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- Power supply
- AA alkaline battery ×6
- AA nickel-metal hydride battery ×6
- AC adapter “KA-350” (optional)
- Accessories AA alkaline battery ×6 (for verifying operation)
- Options AC adapter “KA-350”
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 193 × 115 ×45 mm / 7.61 x 4.54 x 1.78 inches
- Weight 372 g / 0.82lbs (Excluding batteries)