- Pedal Accessories
THE WORLD’S FIRST CHORUS SOUNDS, REBORN WITH WAZA CRAFT
Launched in 1976, the CE-1 Chorus Ensemble was not only the world’s first chorus effect pedal, but also the very first BOSS pedal. Three years later, this inventive new sound was squeezed into the blue CE-2 Chorus, and chorus pedals have remained in the compact lineup ever since. Four decades on, the spacious modulated tone of the signature BOSS effect is still loved by musicians everywhere. In 2016, to celebrate the 40th anniversary of BOSS innovation, the original analog chorus sounds are now reborn with the Waza Craft CE-2W. The CE-2W’s Standard mode faithfully recreates the classic CE-2 chorus sound, and adds an expansive new sound field with stereo output, which was unavailable in the mono CE-2. CE-1 mode fully reproduces the stereo chorus and vibrato sounds of the legendary CE-1, with the addition of variable chorus depth not available in the original pedal. To commemorate the birth of BOSS effects, the CE-2W is made exclusively in Japan, just as the original CE-1 and CE-2 were.
The CE-1 Chorus Ensemble, released in 1976
In 1975, Roland debuted the “Dimensional Space Chorus” effect in the famous JC-120 Jazz Chorus amplifier. Released the following year by Roland’s newly formed BOSS division, the stereo CE-1 Chorus Ensemble made it possible for players to achieve the lush, spacious chorus and unique vibrato sounds of the Jazz Chorus with any amplifier setup.
The CE-2 Chorus, released in 1979
Soon after the iconic BOSS compact pedal line was launched in 1977, guitarists started requesting the CE-1 chorus sound in this smaller, battery-powered format. In 1979, these demands were answered with the CE-2 Chorus.
Proudly Made In Japan
The CE-1 and CE-2 represent the early days of BOSS’s longstanding dedication to innovation and quality, which remains stronger than ever at four decades and counting. Bringing together the cutting-edge technology of the time, savvy craftsmanship, and a devotion to helping musicians create great music, these landmark pedals embodied the spiritual mission for every BOSS product since. For this memorable 40th anniversary, the Waza Craft CE-2W Chorus is produced in Japan just like the original pedals, honoring the long, rich heritage of BOSS effects.
Waza Craft: The Art of Superior Tone
Since the beginning, the engineers at BOSS have been committed to achieving the finest guitar tones using any technology necessary, from old-school analog circuits to high-tech DSP. This enthusiastic spirit continues on with the Waza Craft series, which brings you exceptional tone and touch response through carefully selected analog components, refined circuitry, and meticulous attention to detail. In Japan, “Waza” is the term for art and technique, and these special edition pedals proudly carry the Waza symbol to represent the pinnacle of BOSS design and craftsmanship.
- Special edition Waza Craft pedal delivers the ultimate BOSS tone experience
- Standard mode provides a perfect reproduction of the legendary CE-2 sound
- CE-1 mode features chorus and vibrato, authentically reproducing the two stereo sound modes in the world’s first chorus pedal
- Includes new sounds not available in the original pedals, including CE-2 stereo output and variable depth for CE-1 chorus sounds
- Rate and Depth knobs provide fine sound adjustment in both pedal modes
- Premium all-analog circuitry with bucket-brigade (BBD) delay line
- Made in Japan to celebrate the 40th anniversary of BOSS effects
- BOSS five-year warranty
- Modes: 3 modes, Standard, CE-1 Chorus, CE-1 Vibrato
- Nominal Input Level: 20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: 20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Controls: Pedal switch, Standard/CE-1 Mode switch, DEPTH knob
- Indicator: CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
- Connectors: INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type, OUTPUT A (MONO) jack: 1/4-inch phone type, OUTPUT B jack: 1/4-inch phone type, DC IN jack
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61) or Carbon-zinc battery (9V, 6F22)
- AC adaptor (sold separately)
- Current Draw:25 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use (These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.): Alkaline: Approx. 32 hours, Carbon: Approx. 18 hours
- Accessories: Owner's manual, Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information"), Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61)
- Options (sold separately): AC adaptor: PSA series
- Width: 73 mm, 2-7/8 inches
- Depth: 129 mm, 5-1/8 inches
- Height: 59 mm, 2-3/8 inches
- Weight (including battery): 450 g, 1 lb