Reimagining Novation's classic analogue monosynth for the new generation of electronic musicians, Bass Station II enhances and improves on the original in every area, making it even bigger, badder and more versatile. Packing two oscillators, a multimode filter, amp and filter modulation, step sequencing and an arpeggiator, Bass Station II gives you everything you need to make bleeding-edge basses, leads, pads and FX. Yet despite all that power and adaptability, it couldn't be easier to program and play, thanks to its intuitively arranged controls and full sized 25-note keyboard. 128 on-board presets (with 64 factory sounds and downloadable artist patches) let you store, recall and adapt your favourite sounds.
Includes: power supply, USB cable
- Create a huge variety of sounds: two tuneable, syncable analogue oscillators with a selection of four waveforms, plus sub-oscillator, noise and ring modulation.
- Enormous bass and shrieking leads: switch the Classic Filter between low-, high- and band-pass modes with 12 and 24dB/octave slopes.
- Improved analogue filter stage: the 24dB Acid Filter is even darker, wetter and smoother than the Classic.
- Turn Jekyll to Hyde: create crunchy, aggressive sounds with true analogue distortion, filter-modulation effects and filter overdrive.
- Easily load and save patches: There's space for 128 patches, and 64 factory sounds are included. Downloadable artist packs cover a huge range of styles and give you even more presets to get inspired, and you can create your own sounds from scratch and save them in any preset slot.
- Get instant inspiration: record notes, ties, rests and rhythms in real time using the step sequencer and arpeggiator, then store them for use with any patch.
- Experiment easily: get hands-on with the comprehensive array of controls, cleverly arranged for intuitive patch design and sound editing.
- Flexible modulation: triangle, sawtooth and square LFO waveforms, as well as sample and hold, and two ADSR envelopes for filter, pitch and pulse width modulation.
- Connect to hardware and software: connect and sync to your music software and MIDI-compatible hardware.
- Player's keyboard: full sized 25-note velocity-sensitive keyboard, with fast synth-action action and aftertouch.
- Store unlimited sounds: archive as many patches as you like on your Mac or PC using the Librarian Software.
Mac OS X 10.7 or later
Windows 7 (all versions) or Windows Vista (all versions) or Windows XP SP2 or higher (all versions)
Hardware & controller assignment:
25 note synth-action keyboard
Octave up/ down buttons
64 factory presets
64 slots for user patches (and patch dump facility for storing more)
Master volume dial
Inputs and Outputs
USB MIDI (for connecting & powering Bass Station II via host computer)
Mono output on 1/4" TRS jack
Headphone output on 1/4" TRS jack
External input on 1/4" TRS jack
Sustain pedal input on 1/4" TS jack
MIDI IN / MIDI OUT ports on 5 pin din
DC power input
Switch between power off / DC powered / bus powered
USB bus powered
9V DC power supply included
Maximum power consumption 9V DC 300mA
Product Dimensions (Width x Depth x Height)
18" x 10.75” x 3" in
457 x 273 x 76 mm
- Novation Bass Station II synthesizer
- DC power supply unit (PSU)
- USB cable
- Ableton Live Lite
- Getting Started Guide