THE FLAGSHIP SAMPLING SIDEKICK
The SPD-SX PRO is the ultimate sampling pad for the most demanding gigs. With years of road testing and extensive user feedback from the SPD-S and SPD-SX, the top-tier SPD-SX PRO raises the bar again. Harnessing the advanced sample pad technology of its predecessors, the SPD-SX PRO boasts an array of requested professional enhancements and is built for life on the road. Illuminate dark stages with a large color display and customizable multi-color trigger lights. Expand your performance setup with more audio outputs, additional trigger inputs, and hi-hat and FX expression pedal control.
BUILT TO HIT THE ROAD
Equipment on the road takes a beating on and off stage. Since 2011, pro drummers have put the SPD-SX through the ultimate trial by fire, from packed clubs to sold-out stadiums. The SPD-SX PRO adds to that legacy, incorporating years of feedback into its upgrades.
Customizable Pad-Dividing LED Lights
When the lights go down, the PRO lights up. Customizable pad-dividing LED and trigger lights let you see all nine pads on dark stages—goodbye gaffer tape! Assign any vertical or horizontal light to one of ten preset colors or create and name your own. Group together kicks, snares, backing tracks, and clicks with their own assigned color.
The SPD-SX PRO has nine super-durable pads. The top three shoulder pads include a revised sensor structure for increased sensitivity and even-sounding hits when the pad is played—no matter the mounting angle. You also have increased crosstalk protection to prevent accidental triggering of other pads. And if you already own an SPD-SX, the SPD-SX PRO size is so close in size that you can use your existing carry case.
Color LCD Screen
Playing in the dark just got easier. The SPD-SX PRO features a large 4.3-inch color screen with backlit function buttons, tabs, and a jog-dial for lightning-fast sound selection. The display shows essential real-time information such as A & B sample layers, WAV sample names, sample playback progress, and more.
Storage & Sounds
Storage worries are now a thing of the past. With 32 GB of internal memory, the SPD-SX PRO holds nearly 44 hours of crystal-clear 48 kHz/16-bit stereo audio.
Loaded Samples and Sounds
The SPD-SX PRO comes loaded with 1,550 high-quality sounds and 200 kits (43 erasable preset kits and 157 user kits).
With nearly unlimited sounds under your sticks, you need to stay organized. Using the dedicated SPD-SX PRO App from Roland Cloud, you can easily import audio, and edit sound or playback parameters via USB on your computer. Drag and drop samples, create kits, adjust settings, and name as you go. The same USB connection allows you to send 8-channel audio and MIDI to the computer for recording with a DAW.
- Pads: Built-in pads: 9 (with PAD LED, Vertical LED) * Four external trigger inputs are provided, allowing you to connect up to eight pads with Y cable.
- Maximum Polyphony: 32 voices (included click voices)
- Number of Recordable Wave Data: 20,000 *Including preload data
- Internal storage: Size: 32 GB *Including preload data
- Sampling Time: Sampling from AUDIO IN : 60 minutes per sample
- Resampling : 10 minutes per sample
- Data Format: 16-bit linear
- Sampling Frequency: 48 kHz
- Import Format: WAV, AIFF, MP3
- Kits: 200
- Number of USB Audio Record/Playback Channels:
- Record: 8 channels
- Playback: 12 channels
- Display: Graphic color LCD 4.3 inch
- PHONES jack : Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- MASTER OUT (L, R)jacks (BALANCED) : 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- DIRECT OUT jack x 4 (BALANCED) : 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- AUDIO IN jack : Stereo 1/4-inch phone type (with Volume control)
- TRIG IN jack x 4 (1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8) : 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- FOOT SW jack x 1 (1/2) : 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- HH CTRL/EXPRESSION jack x 1 : 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT/THRU) connectors
- USB COMPUTER port : USB B (High-Speed USB, USB-AUDIO, USB-MIDI, App)
- USB MEMORY port : USB A (High-Speed USB, Backup Save/Load, Sample Import/Export)
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply: DC 12V (AC Adaptor)
- Current Draw: 1,500 mA
- Quick Start
- Leaflet "Read Me First"
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY/IMPORTANT NOTES"
- AC Adaptor
- Options (sold separately)
- Pads (PD series, PDX series, BT-1)
- Cymbals (CY series)
- Hi-Hat (VH-10, VH-11)
- Kick Triggers (KD series, KT series)
- Pad Stand (PDS-20, PDS-10)
- All-Purpose Clamp (APC-33)
- Acoustic Drum Trigger (RT-30K, RT-30HR, RT-30H)
- Hi-Hat Pedal(FD-8, FD-9, VH-10, HV-11)
- Expression Pedal(BOSS EV-30)
- Pedal Switch(DP-2)
- Foot Switch (BOSS FS-5U, FS-6, FS-7)
- Y cable (PCS-31L)
- USB Flash Memory
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Width: 360 mm | 14-3/16 inches
- Depth: 330.3 mm | 13-1/16 inches
- Height: 92.9 mm | 3-11/16 inches
- Weight: 3.0 kg | 6 lbs 10 oz (excluding AC Adaptor)