- Size and Weight
- 88-Key Keyboard Accessories and Add-Ons
Play. Control. Rejoice.
The latest in our long line of professional MIDI controllers, the Roland A-88MKII is supremely playable, with onboard creative tools for today's musicians and producers. Our acclaimed hammer-action keyboard and built-to-last quality combine with modern features like USB-C connectivity, RGB-lit controls, and MIDI 2.0 (coming soon) for the best performance in its class.
When it comes to MIDI controllers, playability often seems like an afterthought. With the A-88MKII, we bring our acclaimed keyboard feel, enjoyed by professional players on stages around the world, to your studio. Its robust, wood construction creates a solid playing experience you can feel under your fingers. And you can easily adjust the sensitivity and responsiveness to match your unique playing style.
The A-88MKII has three user-definable zones, so you can layer and split the keyboard with different sounds or instruments. Our unique pitch/mod lever and an array of RGB-lit knobs and pads give you expressive, hands-on control of your sound. And a sustain pedal input plus two fully assignable pedal inputs mean your feet can get in on the action too.
A controller that plays like an instrument.
When it comes to MIDI controllers, playability often seems like an afterthought. With the A-88MKII, we bring our acclaimed keyboard feel, enjoyed by professional players on stages around the world, to your studio. Its robust, wood construction creates a solid playing experience you can feel under your fingers.
The A-88MKII has three user-definable zones, so you can layer and split the keyboard with different sounds or instruments. Our unique pitch/mod lever and an array of RGB-lit knobs and pads give you expressive, hands-on control of your sound.
Today's musical styles demand special production techniques. And some soft synths and modules don't always have the onboard tools you might like. The A-88MKII extends your creative arsenal with three configurable zones, advanced arpeggiator, chord memory, and multipurpose pads that can trigger commands and events, and energize real-time performance.
MIDI 2.0 and USB-C
The A-88MKII uses the latest technologies for years of universal compatibility and convenience. Class compliant USB-C provides bus power and single cable connectivity with macOS, Windows and compatibility with iOS. And the A-88MKII is ready to take advantage of the extended capabilities of MIDI 2.0.
*When connecting the A-88MKII to iOS devices with Lightning, Apple’s iPad Camera Connection Kit and A-88MKII AC power is required.
Custom control. Instant recall.
Customize the A-88MKII with the control app for macOS and Windows. See all your layers and control mappings at a glance and assign commands to the pads with custom colors for visual feedback.
When less is more.
Space is always at a premium in today's personal studios. The A-88MKII is designed to be as thin and shallow as possible while still retaining the smooth, dynamic playability that Roland instruments are known for.
- Unmatched playability with Roland's own PHA-4 keyboard
- Built-to-last with wood and premium materials for years of dependable performance
- Eight RGB-lit assignable knobs, eight RGB-lit pads, and three pedal inputs
- Three customizable zones, onboard arpeggiator, and chord memory
- Thin design with shallow depth fits today's studio environments
- Control application for deep customization and instant recall
- USB-C connectivity and bus power
- MIDI 2.0 ready
- 88 keys (PHA-4 Standard Keyboard: with Escapement and Ivory Feel)
- Pad x 8 (with illumination, assignable)
- Knobs x 8 (with illumination, assignable)
- Pitch Bend/Modulation lever
- Button x2 (Assignable)
- Pedals: DAMPER, FC1, FC2
- Pedal (DAMPER, FC1, FC2) jacks: TRS phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- USB (COMPUTER) port: USB Type-C (TM)
- DC In jack
- USB 2.0
- 3 (Lower / Upper1 / Upper2)
- User memory
- Power Supply
- Supplied from the computer via USB COMPUTER port / AC-Adaptor
- Current Draw
- 260 mA (USB)
- 300 mA (AC adaptor)
- Operating System
- Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 8.1, Windows(R) 10
- Apple Mac OS X 10.13 or later
- Apple iOS 13 or later
- *Although Roland has tested numerous configurations, and has determined that on average, a computer system similar to that described above will permit normal operation of the A-88MKII, Roland cannot guarantee that a given computer can be used satisfactorily with the A-88MKII based solely on the fact that it meets the above requirements. This is because there are too many other variables that may influence the processing environment, including differences in motherboard design and the particular combination of other devices involved.
- Owner’s manual
- USB Type-C to USB Type-C cable
- USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable
- 1,429 mm
- 56-5/16 inches
- 274 mm
- 10-13/16 inches
- 119 mm
- 4-11/16 inches
- 16.3 kg
- 35 lbs. 15 oz.