A noise-free interface for your audio devices
The Trim-Two allows you to connect any playback device and interface it with balanced pro audio equipment without signal loss or hum and buzz from ground loops. It features two transformers which isolate and balance the audio output from your source device, eliminating noise and allowing you to use long cable runs without signal degradation. A handy mono sum switch makes it easy to reduce the output channel count or send the same signal to two destinations at once, and an accessible level control gives you the ability to adjust levels in an instant. Multiple input connector types make it easy to hook up any consumer line level playback source, from laptops & smartphones to DJ equipment. The completely passive design means that you never have to worry about powering the Trim-Two, making it truly plug & play.
Using the Trim-Two in a keyboard setup
Use your laptop as a sound source with the Trim-Two connected to control the volume and send a balanced signal to the PA system.
Using the Trim-Two with a DJ setup
Simplify your DJ setup using a PC to play sound files and the Trim-Two to balance the signal. The handy volume control makes it easy to manage.
Using the Trim-Two with a tablet
Play your sound files using the Trim-Two by connecting it from the headphone output to the 3.5mm input. Use the variable level control to trim the level and avoid distortion.
- Stereo direct box for line level sources
- Passive signal path with transformer isolation
- Eliminates hum and buzz when connecting to the PA
- Level control & mono sum switch
Can I use the Trim-Two on instruments such as acoustic guitar or bass?
The Trim-Two is designed for buffered signals. This means that it can be used with an active source such as an active bass or acoustic guitar with built-in electronics. However, the transformers in use are not designed for instruments. The ProDI or ProD2 would be a better choice.
Will phantom power from my mixer harm the Trim-Two?
No. The internal transformers will block the 48V phantom power.
Can the Trim-Two be connected to the line input of a mixer?
Yes. However the Trim-Two is a passive device that will only pass the signal from the source. This means that if the source level is low, the output may be too low to drive a line input.
Why is there no pad switch on the Trim-Two?
It is not required. The ‘trim’ level control replaces a traditional pad.
Where does the Trim-Two derive its power?
No power is needed. The Trim-Two employs two very efficient Eclipse transformers to manage the signal path. These passive devices do not require power to make them work.
Will the Trim-Two change the tone of the source?
Although all electronic devices impart some degree of personality on a signal, the exceptionally good performance of the two Eclipse transformers will yield a very natural tone with very low distortion.
What is the output level of the Trim-Two?
Unlike a typical DI box that reduces the input to produce a mic level output, the Trim-Two is a unity gain device. In other words, the output closely mimics the input. Simply set your mixer’s input sensitivity to match.
Why should I not use the Trim-Two on a passive bass?
Because passive instruments have very low outputs and the transformers inside the Trim-Two are optimized for higher output instruments such as keyboards.
Can I use the Trim-Two on a speaker output?
No. A speaker level output could damage the Trim-Two.
Can I connect an unbalanced source to the Trim-Two?
Yes. To build the appropriate XLR to ¼” cable, connect the pin-2 hot to the tip and the pin-1 ground to the sleeve. This will likely reduce the balanced output by 6dB but this can easily be made up by increasing the level on the Trim-Two and the mixing console.
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer based
- Transformer: Custom
- Number of channels: Dual channel (stereo)
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20KHz
- Dynamic range: >100dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.009%
- Phase Deviation: <10°
- Input Impedance: 10K Ω, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 2.8K Ω, balanced
- Maximum Input: +20dB @ 20Hz
- Input pad, Mono Sum, Ground lift
- Input Connectors: 1/4" RCA and 3.5mm input
- Output Connectors: XLR-M output
- Extras: Copper foil shield
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 3.3" x 5.0" x 2" (84 x 127 x 48mm)
- Weight: 1.55 lbs (0.70 kg)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 4" x 3" x 6.5" (102 x 76 x 165mm)
- Shipping weight: 1.92 lbs (0.87 kg)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable