- DJ Controller Accesorries
The PLX-CRSS12 is the world's first turntable that supports both analog record playback and tone-arm-free DVS control, making it the ultimate deck for DJs who want to maximize their creativity.
Tone-arm-free DVS control eliminates skipping in digital playback
No matter how hard you scratch, you’ll never experience needle skipping when you use the PLX-CRSS12 in Digital Vinyl mode, thanks to the tone-arm-free system. The new MAGVEL CLAMP holds a record firmly in place when you touch it, enabling it to directly control the digital music file, giving you the true feeling of vinyl with no need to use the tone arm. When playing analog records, the experience will be just like using the popular PLX-1000 deck.
Feeling adjustment to suit your style
You can quickly adjust the record's "weight" with the dial on top of the MAGVEL CLAMP. This means you can effortlessly continue your performance without the hassle of changing slip mats or slip sheets.
Customizable torque level
It's easy to change the turntable rotation torque level in the utility settings to suit your preference. You can choose from "High" for quick startup when you press PLAY, "Low" for the traditional torque speed that many DJs are familiar with, and "Mid" for a balance between the two.
Adjustable stopping speed
Use the switch on the front of the deck to adjust the time it takes for the turntable to stop when you press STOP. The "Min" is sharp. The "Mid" uses a traditional stopping speed that's familiar to DJs. And the "Max" creates the longest stopping speed for a gradual and dramatic finish to a track or performance.
Performance Pads for accurate and rapid control
The PLX-CRSS12 inherits classic turntable layout elements, but a new addition is the 4 built-in MIDI-mappable Performance Pads which put your favorite features at your fingertips. They’re right where you need them – just below the platter – so you can fire off Hot Cues and samples quicker than ever, which comes in handy even more if you’re performing on a mixer that has no pads. There’s native support for various pad modes (see below), and a dedicated button enables you to switch control from pads 1-4 to 5-8. The pads are MIDI mappable too, so you can assign them to other features.
OLED display for quick confirmation of track information
The built-in OLED display also helps you focus on the deck. You can keep an eye on the tempo range and key when Step Pitching and, when you connect the PLX-CRSS12 via USB to your PC/Mac running DJ software, you can reference BPM, key, deck number information. The display also gives you quick access to the utility settings – all of which reduces the need to break concentration and look at your laptop or mixer during a performance.
High-quality sound reproduction of analog records, evolved from the PLX-1000
Let your audience enjoy your music the way it was intended to be heard. The PLX-CRSS12 has been carefully built to improve on the sound quality of the PLX-1000 professional DJ turntable, which is highly acclaimed for its accurate sound reproduction.
Robust and elegant design in matte black color
The PLX-CRSS12 has a matte black color scheme, with special coatings applied to the tone arm and other metal parts, plus carefully crafted details that give it a robust and elegant appearance.
Serato DJ Pro and rekordbox compatibility
The PLX-CRSS12 is compatible with Serato DJ Pro and rekordbox. By connecting this unit to a PC/Mac with DJ software installed, and to a mixer that supports the DVS function of the respective DJ software, you can start playing in Digital Vinyl mode and use the Performance Pads.
- Replaceable MAGVEL CLAMP
- Additional clamps are available to buy if you want to take your own set on the road, or if you need to replace a clamp that’s been lost. You can store the MAGVEL CLAMP neatly in a dedicated area on top of the deck.
- AlphaTheta Care
- Our extended product warranty service ensures longer and more reliable use of your products.
- Firmware Update Manager
- You’ll be automatically notified when firmware updates become available.
- Width: 17.83 in
- Height: 6.26 in
- Depth: 13.9 in
- Weight: 26.9 lb
- Drive Method: Servo-type direct drive
- Platter: Aluminium, die-casting diameter: 332 mm
- Motor: 3-phase, brushless DC motor
- Braking System: Electronic brake
- Rotation Speed: 33⅓ rpm, 45 rpm
- Rotation Adjustment Range: ±8, ±16, ±50 %
- Wow and Flutter: 0.15% or less WRMS (JIS WTD)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 65 dB (DIN-B)
- Starting Torque
- High: 0.45 N·m (4.5 kgf·cm) or more
- Mid: 0.32 N·m (3.2 kgf·cm)
- Low: 0.2 N·m (2.0 kgf·cm)
- Start Time: 0.3 sec (at 33⅓ rpm)
- Brake Time
- Max: 3.5 seconds
- Mid: 1.0 seconds
- Min: 0.5 seconds or less
- Arm Type
- Universal type S-shape tone arm
- Gimbal-supported type bearing structure
- Static balance type
- Overhang: 0.59
- Effective Length: 9.06 in
- Tracking Error: Within 3°
- Height Adjustment Range: 0.24 in
- Stylus Pressure Variable Range: 0-4 g (1 scale 0.1 g)
- Cartridge Weight Single: 2.5-12 g (includes mounting materials)
- USB: 1 USB Type C
- Outputs: 1 Phono (RCA)
- Screws for platter
- MAGVEL CLAMP
- Slip mat
- Slip sheet
- Dust cover
- Balance weight
- Sub weight
- Shell weight
- Power cord
- Audio cable (with ground wire)
- USB cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty (for some regions)*
- Precautions for Use