- Pedal Accessories
The Microtubes X Ultra greatly expands on the already immense versatility of the Microtubes X7. Featuring all the great controls that its predecessor has that allows users to select exactly what frequencies they want to compress and saturate for the low and treble respectively, but with four major additions providing an additional layer of flexibility, while maintaining the same compact footprint, making it an extremely complete tool for the modern bassist.
- Low Comp: Controls compression amount for the low band. Both threshold and makeup gain are controlled to maintain a constant level. This control is also used to control the compression amount when the compressor is enabled for clean signal in Darkglass Suite.
- Low Level: Sets the output volume of the low-pass signal.
- Low Pass Frequency: Controls the cut-off frequency to be mixed back to the high-pass side. Ranging from 50Hz (for only sub-bass) and 500Hz to preserve some clean mids.
- High Level: Sets the output volume of the distorted high-pass signal.
- High Drive: Sets the amount of distortion for the high pass side.
- High Pass Frequency: Controls the cutoff frequency to be distorted, ranging from 100Hz (for thicker, fuzzier saturation) or 1kHz for ultra-sharp definition.
- Master: +-12 dB. Sets the overall volume of the unit.
- Low shelf: +-12 dB @ 80 Hz., 250 Hz / 500 Hz / 1,5 kHz / 3 kHz+-12dB.
- High shelf: +-12 dB @ 5 kHz.
- Direct Output: Balanced XLR output for connecting the pedal to a microphone preamp, PA system, etc.
- Ground lift: Disconnects the signal ground on the Direct Output to break any ground loops. Set this switch to either position that has less noise. The switch does not affect the ¼” output.
- Cab Sim: Toggle the cabinet simulation on/off on the Direct Output. This switch completely bypasses all digital circuits and allows you to get a zero latency signal when needed.
- Headphones: Microtubes X Ultra has a digitally controlled headphone amplifier with a 3.5mm stereo jack output. Digital volume control is available in Darkglass Suite. Headphone volume can be controlled directly on the pedal with the master volume control when the preamp is enabled. When the pedal is on bypass, the master volume does not affect the headphone volume.
- USB: A Micro USB B connector allows you to connect the pedal to PC/Mac to load cabinet simulation impulse responses to the pedal and control various other settings. Download the free Darkglass Suite software from www.darkglass.com/suite to configure the pedal, load new impulses and download firmware updates.
- Auxiliary Input: Perfect for quiet practice, you can now connect your PC or mobile device to your pedal to play along with your favorite songs, and backing tracks while using the headphone output.
- DIMENSIONS: 125x96x57 mm (4.92x3.77x2.24 in)