Born and raised in Los Angeles and brought up by a musical family, Nita has been surrounded by music her entire life. It was only a matter of time until she picked up the guitar, and she has never looked back since.
After years of touring the world and establishing her name in the LA rock scene, she joined Alice Cooper’s band in 2014. Since then she has become a household name in the guitar community, captivating audiences all over the world with her virtuosic chops and electric stage presence.
Ibanez has been her go-to weapon of choice since the beginning, inspired by her heroes such as Steve Vai and Shawn Lane. Now, one of her biggest dreams have come true - her very own Ibanez signature model.
"I’ve been designing my signature guitar in my head since I started playing guitar- and the JIVA is that dream come to life. From the tone woods to the sleek design to the incredibly versatile sounds, this guitar is everything I've ever wanted!"– Nita Strauss –
- Ebony fretboard: Ebony produces a tight low and mid range with an iconic attack on the high end. It also features a quick response and rich sustain.
- Quantum pickups: The Quantum pickups provide accelerated bass response for exceptionally fast tracking of high-speed staccato riffing with crushing mid range and precise high-end articulation.
- Edge Zero II bridge: Lower profile designed tremolo for playing comfort, and stud lock function for stable tuning.
- Luminescent side dot inlays: The luminescent side dot position marks make it easy for players to see fretboard position marks when performing on dark stages.
- neck type Wizard III Maple neck
- top/back/body Quilted Maple top Meranti body
- fretboard Ebony fretboard Beaten Path inlay
- fret Jumbo frets
- number of frets 24
- bridge Edge-Zero II tremolo bridge
- string space 10.8mm
- neck pickup Quantum (H) neck pickup Passive/Ceramic
- middle pickup Quantum (S) middle pickup Passive/Alnico
- bridge pickup Quantum (H) bridge pickup Passive/Ceramic
- factory tuning 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- strings D'Addario® EXL120
- string gauge .009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042
- hardware color Cosmo black
- This guitar does not come with a bag or a case
- Scale : 648mm/25.5"
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 58mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 19mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 21mm at 12F
- Radius : 400mmR