- Pedal Accessories
Awesome on guitar and bass, the Hot Wax fuses our Hot Tubes and Crayon pedals into one powerful dual-overdrive. Use each individually or stack them with the Crayon driving the Hot Tubes. Master EQ and Blend controls provide the tonal flexibility power players demand. The Hot Wax is the next evolution in inspired overdrives!
- Combines the Crayon full range overdrive and the Hot Tubes, a reissue of the classic 1970s CMOS overdrive.
- Use the Crayon or Hot Tubes alone or stack them with the Crayon driving the Hot Tubes
- Sounds great on guitar and bass
- Blend control lets you blend in your dry signal which is especially useful on bass guitar
- Master EQ section features Bass and Treble for increased tonal control and flexibility
- Quiet pop-free foot switching
- EHX 9.6VDC-200mA power supply included. Plug the output of the included EHX 9.6DC-200 adapter into the 9V power jack of the Hot Wax. The Hot Wax draws 75mA at 9VDC with a center negative plug. The Hot Wax accepts Boss® and Ibanez® style AC Adapters capable of delivering at least 200mA
- Current Draw: 75mA @ 9VDC
- Dimensions in inches: 4.0(w) x 4.75(l) x 2.25(h)
- Dimensions in mm: 102(w) x 121(l) x 58(h)
- Footswitches and LEDs The right LED (green) illuminates when the Crayon section is engaged via the footswitch. The left (red) LED lights when using the Hot Tubes section.
- VOL Knob (Crayon) If only the Crayon is active, the VOL knob sets master output level. If both sections are active, the VOL knob sets the level between the Crayon’s drive section and the Hot Tubes’ drive section.
- VOL Knob (Hot Tubes) Use the Hot Tubes VOL knob to set the master output level.
- DRIVE Knobs Turn the appropriate DRIVE knob to set the distortion intensity. BASS and TREBLE Equalization Knobs Adjust the BASS knob to boost or cut low frequencies. Adjust the TREBLE knob to boost or cut high frequencies. The frequency response for either knob is flat (no boost or cut) when the knob is set halfway up.
- BLEND Knob The BLEND knob mixes the dry and distorted signal. With BLEND set to minimum (fully counterclockwise), you will only hear the dry signal. When BLEND is turned fully clockwise, you will only hear the distorted signal. All other settings will yield varying mixtures of dry and distorted sounds. Turning BLEND down to add dry signal can add more punch and clarity, along with more emphasis on pick attack. This functionality may be of particular importance to bassists, as full-on distortion can reduce punch and muddy up low end frequencies.
- INPUT Jack Plug your instrument or the output of another effects pedal into the ¼” INPUT jack. The input impedance is 2.2M ohms.
- OUTPUT Jack Use the ¼” OUTPUT jack to send the signal to an amp or another effects pedal. The signal will be dry or effected based on the bypass status. The output impedance is 220 ohms.