Helicore Orchestral bass strings are multi-stranded steel core strings that produce a warm tone quality with excellent bow response. The groundbreaking core design produces strings that are very easy to play. Damping is optimized for arco use, but they also work well for pizzicato applications where a very warm, less-sustaining sound is desired.
- Construction: Ball-end
- Core Material: Stranded Steel Core
- Clear and focused articulation
- Optimized for arco use
- Pairs exceptionally well with a wide variety of instrument types and musical styles
- All D'Addario strings are designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA using groundbreaking core technology developed in-house
D’Addario offers four lines of bass strings: Prelude, Helicore, Zyex, and Kaplan. We recommend that you make your string selection based on your style or genre of use, the needs of your instrument, and your preferences for sound and feel.
1. Prelude bass is designed with a stranded core and an economic price tag, great for smaller fractional sizes and new beginners.
2. Within the Helicore line of strings, Helicore Orchestral is optimized for bowing, Helicore Pizzicato is optimized for plucking, and Helicore Hybrid is optimized for both plucking and bowing. A Helicore Solo version is also offered for solo tuning (similar in construction, sound and response to the Helicore Orchestral strings).
3. Zyex bass has a synthetic core, lending it a gut-like sound and feel, often popular for pizzicato-based jazz styles.
4. Kaplan bass strings are designed for professional orchestral use.
Solo bass strings (within our Helicore and Kaplan brands) are to be used specifically for solo playing and performance.