- Bass Guitar Accessories
- Inspection and Set-up
*Photos shown are of the actual bass. Serial Number #V0171.
revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
The Precision Bass®, the world's first electric bass, represents one of the most important developments in music history. For the first time, bass players had access to a portable, precisely intonated, amplified instrument. As stated by the legendary Quincy Jones, the Fender bass was the one technological breakthrough that changed music forever.
Although it initially shared many design cues with the Telecaster®, such as an oversized Tele® headstock, slab body and chrome control plate, by 1954, the P-Bass® had been updated with the same sweeping curves and contoured edges of the newly launched Stratocaster®. The American Vintage II 1954 Precision Bass reproduces the quintessential tone and feel of the original and is offered in two colors over ash: Vintage Blonde and 2-Color Sunburst mated to a single-ply white pickguard.
Other key features include a substantial '54 C-shape maple neck with a 7.25 radius fingerboard and vintage tall frets. The Pure Vintage 2-saddle bridge with fiber saddles, reverse open-gear tuners, finger rest and '54 Single-Coil Precision Bass® pickup deliver classic Fender thump and style.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
- CASE/GIG BAG: Vintage-Style Tweed (Crushed Red Interior)
- SERIES American Vintage II
- ORIENTATION Right-Hand
- COLOR 2-Color Sunburst
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN US
- HEADSTOCK Original Precision Bass® Shape
- NECK MATERIAL 1-Piece Maple
- NECK FINISH Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- NECK SHAPE 1954 "C"
- NECK CONSTRUCTION 4-Bolt
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL Maple
- POSITION INLAYS Black Dot
- SIDE DOTS Black
- NUMBER OF FRETS 20
- TRUSS ROD Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- TRUSS ROD NUT Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- STRING NUT Bone
- NUT WIDTH 1.70" (43.2 mm)
- NUT MATERIAL Bone
- BODY Ash
- BODY FINISH Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- BODY SHAPE Precision Bass®
- BODY MATERIAL Ash
- BRIDGE Pure Vintage 2-Saddle Precision Bass® with Fiber Saddles, Serialized
- BRIDGE COVER/TAILPIECE Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- BRIDGE MOUNTING 3-Screw Vintage-Style Hard-Tail
- PICKGUARD 1-Ply Parchment
- PICKUP COVERS Black
- CONTROL KNOBS Knurled Dome
- HARDWARE FINISH Nickel/Chrome
- TUNING MACHINES Pure Vintage Reverse Open-Gear
- STRING TREES Vintage-Style Disc
- STRINGS Fender® USA 9050L Stainless Steel Flatwound (.045-.100 Gauges), PN 0739050403
- NECK PLATE 4-Bolt
- STRAP BUTTONS Vintage-Style
- MIDDLE PICKUP Pure Vintage '54 Single-Coil Precision®
- PICKUP CONFIGURATION S
- CONTROLS Master Volume, Master Tone
- SWITCHING None
- STYLE 1 Single-Coil
- DIMENSIONS 5.60x17.40x51.50 IN
- SHIPPING WEIGHT 26.20 LB
- FRET SIZE Vintage Tall
- SCALE LENGTH 34" (86.36 cm)
- SHIPPING LENGTH 51.50 IN
- SHIPPING HEIGHT 5.60 IN
- SHIPPING WIDTH 17.40 IN
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.