- Electric Guitar Accessories
- Inspection and Set-up
*These are stock photos. For actual photos of the instrument, please contact us.
Recognized for his incredible funk chops and inventive lead work, guitarist, producer, and arranger Cory Wong’s soulful playing with Vulfpeck, as well as his Grammy-nominated solo work have earned him a loyal following and led to sold-out arena performances. The Cory Wong Stratocaster® is a tribute to Cory’s favorite Fender®, thoughtfully modified to meet the funk master’s needs.
The Sapphire Blue Transparent satin lacquer finish recreates the look and feel of Cory’s beloved original Strat®, while the scaled-down alder body – slightly smaller than a typical Stratocaster – combined with American Ultra™ Modern “D” neck and sculpted body contours deliver a sublimely comfortable playing experience. A set of Seymour Duncan® Cory Wong Clean Machine™ pickups provides classic Strat quack and chime, fine-tuned to achieve his distinctive tone.
Other features include a maple neck with subtly modified headstock shape, rosewood fingerboard with rolled edges and a compound 10-14” radius, vintage-style 6-screw synchronized Tremolo, deluxe locking tuners that provide improved tuning stability and easy string changes, and a push/push pot on Tone 2 that bypasses the 5-way switch and defaults to "Position 4". Also included are a Cory Wong hair tie (for muting the tremolo springs to achieve Cory’s rhythm tone), rubber straplock washer set and custom neck plate.
- Color Sapphire Blue Transparent
- Country Of Origin US
- Orientation Right-Hand
- Series Artist
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius 10" to 14" Compound Radius (254 mm to 355.6 mm)
- Neck Finish Satin Urethane
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Shape Modern "D"
- Number of Frets 22
- Nut Material Bone
- Nut Width 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays White Dot
- Side Dots White
- String Nut Bone
- Body Alder
- Body Finish Satin Lacquer
- Body Material Alder
- Body Shape Stratocaster®
- Bridge 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Control Knobs White Plastic
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Neck Plate 4-Bolt
- Pickguard 4-Ply White Pearloid
- Pickup Covers White
- Strap Buttons Vintage-Style
- Strings Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Switch Tip White
- Tuning Machines Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking (all short posts)
- Auxiliary Switching Push/Push on Tone 2 Bypasses 5-Way Switch and Defaults to Position 4
- Bridge Pickup Seymour Duncan® Cory Wong Clean Machine Custom Stack Plus™
- Controls Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Middle Pickup Seymour Duncan® Cory Wong Clean Machine™ Single Coil
- Neck Pickup Seymour Duncan® Cory Wong Clean Machine™ Single Coil
- Pickup Configuration SSS
- Switching 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup Position 3. Middle Pickup Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Dimensions 6.30x18.50x44.50 IN
- Fret Size Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Shipping Height 6.30 IN
- Shipping Length 44.50 IN
- Shipping Weight 24.35 LB
- Shipping Width 18.50 IN
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.