The EVH 5150 Chorus is based on a legendary chorus unit that Eddie Van Halen used to add texture and dimension to some of his most classic recordings from the early 1980's. It has a simple three-knob setup - Volume, Tone, and Intensity - With input and output level pad switches, mono and stereo outputs, and an internal true/beffered Bypass switch for modern rig flexibility. Combine this pedal with the 5150 Overdrive for huge sound that's thick and chewy.
- OUTPUT LEVEL- switch pads output signal level for unity throughout gain with various input signal levels
- MONO - output provides wet/dry mix (standard operation) or 100% dry signal (stereo operation)
- INTENSITY - knob sets amount of chorusing
- STEREO - output provides 100% wet signal
- TONE - knob shapes EQ of effect
- VOLUME - knob sets overall volume of effect
- INPUT LEVEL - switch pads input signal level for optimum signal-to-noise performance with various input signal levels
- FOOTSWITCH - toggles effect on/bypass (blue LED indicates on)
The EVH 5150 is powered by one 9-volt battery (remove bottom plate to install), a 9-volt AC adapter such as the Dunlop ECB003/ECB003EU, or the DC Brick and Iso-Brick power supplies.