- Electric Guitar Accessories
- Inspection and Set-up
*These are stock photos.
The Wolfgang® WG Standard QM boasts the same style and massive sound Eddie Van Halen created — at a price the everyday musician can afford.
Offering many of the blazing features as its more expensive brethren, this axe features a basswood body with special “comfort cut” forearm contour for maximum playing ease, along with attractive masked-off natural body binding and an elegant quilt maple top. Its bolt-on baked maple neck with graphite-reinforcement rods holds strong against the ravages of temperature and humidity, while a conveniently located spoke wheel at the base of the neck makes for quick and painless truss rod adjustments. Designed for comfortable playability and speed, the Wolfgang WG Standard also features a smooth oiled finish on the back of the neck and a 12”-16” compound radius baked maple fingerboard with rolled edges, 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays.
Dual EVH® Wolfgang humbucking pickups mounted directly to the body increase vibration transfer, resulting in sustain for days on end. The black knurled tone and volume control knobs have been dialed-in to Van Halen’s exacting specifications—the smooth-feeling 500k pots make it easy to find a unique sound while retaining the crisp high-end sparkle of the Wolfgang pickups. The EVH-branded Floyd Rose® Special bridge and R2 locking nut consistently keep the instrument in tune through the deepest whammy dives and horse whinnies.
Tested live onstage where it counts, the Wolfgang WG Standard QM is decked out for playing performance and comfort, and available in an array of stage-stealing new finishes featuring black headstocks and black chrome hardware.
- Color Transparent Amber
- Country Of Origin ID
- Orientation Right-Hand
- Series Wolfgang® Standard
- Fingerboard Material Baked Maple
- Fingerboard Radius 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Headstock EVH® Wolfgang®
- Neck Construction Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish Oiled
- Neck Material Baked Maple
- Neck Shape Wolfgang® Backshape
- Neck Thickness .790" at 3rd fret & .880" at 12th fret
- Number of Frets 22
- Nut Material Floyd Rose® R2 Locking
- Nut Width1 .625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays Black Dot
- Side Dots Black
- String Nut Floyd Rose® R2 Locking
- Truss Rod Modern Heel Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Body Basswood
- Body Binding Masked Off Natural Body Binding
- Body Finish Gloss Urethane
- Body Material Basswood
- Body Shape Wolfgang®
- Body Top Quilt Maple
- Bridge EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Special Locking Tremolo
- Control Knobs Black Knurled with White Indicator
- Hardware Finish Black Chrome
- Pickup Covers Black
- Strap Buttons Oversized
- String Trees Floyd Rose® Retainer Bar
- Strings Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Switch Tip Black
- Tremolo Arm Floyd Rose® Special Locking
- Tuning Machines EVH®-Branded
- Bridge Pickup Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- ControlsVolume with Treble Bleed Circuit, Tone
- Neck PickupDirect Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Pickup Configuration HH
- Switching3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Included Accessories Tremolo Arm, Hex Keys & User Manual
- Truss Rod Wrench2.5 mm Hex
- Dimensions 4.80x15.30x42.60 IN
- Fret Size Jumbo
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Shipping Height 4.80 IN
- Shipping Length 42.60 IN
- Shipping Weigh t9.95 LB
- Shipping Width 15.30 IN
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.