- Pedal Accessories
The BOSS BB-1X Bass Driver is a premium stompbox designed to make your bass sound bold and punchy. More than just a standard compact bass pedal, the BB-1X is like a preamp, a crucial component in creating quality sound. It captures the essence and subtle nuances of your bass, amp, and playing and emphasizes all their best characteristics.
Much More Than a Normal Bass Stompbox
Don’t let the appearance of the BB-1X fool you—it’s not just another compact effect pedal. Rather than a standard bass stompbox that’s used occasionally for musical passages or solos, the BB-1X functions more like a preamp and DI that enhances and refines your entire sound.
Endless Possibilities for Creating Your Core Tone
All bassists are concerned with body, punch, and other fundamental sound elements, and need a wide range of adjustability to achieve their core tone. This is where the BB-1X really shines. With our latest technology, you have endless possibilities for producing a polished professional sound. In combination with the High and Low tone knobs, the Blend knob provides exceptional adjustability to dial in the perfect balance to nail your personal tone.
The BB-1X Sound Isn’t Smoke and Mirrors
In order to get a punchy sound with conventional bass pedals, the frequency range is typically narrowed down, resulting in a somewhat unnatural sound. In addition, the low end can get muffled while trying to achieve a transparent, high-definition distortion tone. As the distortion level is increased, the dynamic response is decreased, which limits your musical expression.
Thanks to the advanced technology from BOSS, the BB-1X analyzes the bass signal from several different dimensions in real time. An enormous amount of processing is performed according to the instrument, playing style, phrasing, dynamics, and more. This provides a wide range of possibilities to shape and enhance your sound without altering the fundamental tone of your instrument and amp. Combining solid low end with natural-sounding, high-definition distortion, the BB-1X delivers the dynamic response required to reflect the unique individual expression of every modern bassist.
Specially Tuned Line Out Jack for Impressive Direct Sound
On stage, the bass signal is typically split into two separate outputs using a DI box: one output goes to your bass amp, while the second output goes directly to the PA. The BB-1X features a convenient balanced Line Out jack that functions as a DI when you need it. But make no mistake, this is not your basic line out—BOSS has specially tuned it for superior tone.
The signature stage sound you’ve created with your amplifier and the DI sound presented to the audience can be quite different, because the PA engineer’s main consideration is an overall balanced sound of the entire band. After consulting with many top bassists and pro PA engineers, BOSS carefully considered their suggestions and incorporated some unique enhancements into the BB-1X’s Line Out.
- Bold, punchy sound that invigorates the original tone and responsiveness of your bass and amp
- Contains BOSS’ latest distortion, which adapts to every register and never muffles your low end
- Blend knob allows for mixing the direct signal with the effect signal
- Independent Low and High knobs for ultra-wide tonal adjustment
- Two output jacks: a normal output for a bass amp and a Line Out for a balanced connection directly to a PA or recorder
- The Line Out jack provides a modern and enhanced direct sound that brings out new characteristics in your tone
- The newest member of the special-edition X-series BOSS compact pedals, which offer premium looks, sound, and feel
- BOSS five-year warranty
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: OUTPUT jack: -20 dBu, LINE OUT jack: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: OUTPUT jack: 1 k ohm, LINE OUT jack: 600 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: OUTPUT jack: 10 k ohms or greater, LINE OUT jack: 600 ohms or greater
- Controls: Pedal switch, LEVEL knob, BLEND knob, LOW knob, HIGH knob, DRIVE knob
- Indicator: CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
- Connectors: INPUT jack, OUTPUT jack, LINE OUT jack (1/4-inch TRS phone type), AC adaptor jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61) or Carbon-zinc battery (9V, 6F22), AC adaptor (sold separately)
- Current Draw: 54 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use (These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.): Alkaline: Approx. 6 hours
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTE," and "Information"), Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61)Option (sold separately)AC adaptor (PSA series)
- Width: 73 mm, 2-7/8 inches
- Depth: 129 mm, 5-1/8 inches
- Height: 59 mm, 2-6/16 inches
- Weight: 450 g, 0 lbs. 16 oz.