- Studio Accessories
The AT2040 microphone offers podcasters and content creators all the features needed to get started or to upgrade their setups for a more professional sound.
Enjoy outstanding audio without having to worry about background noise: this microphone’s unique design produces consistent audio quality at a close range without annoying pops, and the integrated shock mount further minimizes noises, shocks, or vibrations.
Delivering excellent vocal isolation, multiple AT2040 mics can be used in close proximity without issue, so hosting podcast interviews or collaborations will require minimal post-production editing. Setup is quick and easy with the XLR output connecting to professional broadcast equipment or interfaces for Mac and PC. The dynamic design provides warm, rich, and professional-sounding vocals for content creators of all levels.
The AT2040 dynamic mic offers professional-quality broadcast sound in an affordable package. Although designed for podcasting, the AT2040 can also be used for other content creation setups, such as live streaming, gaming, or doing voice-over work.
This microphone’s large diaphragm element delivers smooth, natural sound, no matter the application. The special internal multistage windscreen (combining foam mesh and a nonwoven pop filter) paired with the hypercardioid polar pattern results in highly directional, tight pickup that reduces external noises while producing a warm, classic sound. The AT2040 podcast microphone makes it easy to record single or dual vocals while in the same room, so even when using two mics to record two-person podcasts, users will enjoy great audio pickup.
So, whether you’re a beginner or professional podcaster, the Audio-Technica AT2040 Hypercardioid Dynamic Podcast Microphone is a great option for under $100.
Included Accessories: The AT2040 comes complete with a pivoting stand mount, 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter, and a soft protective pouch.
Highly Directional Voice Capture
The Perfect Podcasting Mic
Hypercardioid polar pattern provides maximum vocal isolation for professional-quality sound.
Internal Pop Filter
The AT2040’s multistage foam mesh windscreen includes a nonwoven filter to allow close-up use without annoying pops.
Integrated Shock Mount
Quiet, Professional Performance
The mic features a specially designed, integrated shock mount that tames any noise, shock and vibration that might be transmitted through a mic stand, boom or mount.
- Dynamic microphone delivers warm, assertive broadcast sound that’s perfect for podcasting
- Large diaphragm for smooth, natural sound and low noise
- Multistage foam mesh windscreen provides superior internal pop filtering
- Integrated shock mount attenuates noise, shock and vibration transmitted through mic stands, booms and mounts
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear for maximum vocal isolation
- Includes pivoting stand mount, 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter, and a soft protective pouch
- Element Dynamic
- Polar Pattern Hypercardioid
- Frequency Response 80-16,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity -53 dB (2.2 mV) (0 dB=1 V/Pa, 1 kHz)
- Impedance 600 ohms
- Weight 615 g (21.7 oz)
- Dimensions 145.3 mm (5.72") long, 52 mm (2.05") maximum body diameter
- Output Connector Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories Included AT8487 mounting clamp, 5/8”-27 to 3/8”-16 threaded adapter, Pouch
- Audio-Technica Case Style R13
- This is only a mic. It does not come with a cable, headphones, a mixer, a computer, or any of the hardward shown.