- Studio Accessories
RECORDERS CAPTURE AUDIO H3-VR CAPTURES REALITY
Whether you’re a game developer, filmmaker or musician, virtual reality is the undeniable future of content creation. While 360-video is exploding in popularity, the ability to easily create 360-audio has lagged behind…until now.
- This product listing is for just the Zoom H3-VR. Please see the included tab for what this product comes with. Stand, camera etc, are not included.
OUTPUT VOLUME CONTROLS (A)
The H3-VR’s line out volume control lets you adjust the output volume to a DSLR camera, additional headphone, etc.
HEADPHONE JACK (B)
A dedicated headphone jack allows for stereo binaural monitoring of your audio while recording.
DYNAMIC DISPLAY (C)
A directionally-responsive LCD screen provides a bright, clear display even when upside-down.
TRANSPORT CONTROLS (D)
The Home, Play/Pause, Forward, Reverse and Menu buttons are positioned for quick access.
POWER/HOLD BUTTON (E)
Lock your settings on the H3-VR while recording using the unit’s Hold function.
PRECISE INTERNAL CLOCK (F)
The H3-VR’s highly accurate internal clock with 0.5 ppm discrepancy reduces audio/visual drift.
SLATE TONE/SOUND MARKER (G)
Using the slate tone enables you to easily calibrate the H3-VR and camera audio levels. Use the sound marker to output a tone when recording starts to make syncing audio and video easy.
BUILT-IN LIMITER (H)
The H3-VR’s advanced onboard limiter offers distortion-free signal at high volumes.
LOW CUT FILTER (I)
The H3-VR’s adjustable low cut filter removes unwanted low-end frequencies.
INPUT VOLUME GAIN (J)
With the single-knob gain control, you can easily adjust the gains of all four mic capsules simultaneously for accurate, balanced 360-degree audio.
POWER OPTIONS (K)
Two AA batteries can power the H3-VR for over 11 hours. For longer shoots, the H3-VR can also use portable USB batteries or be plugged in via an AC adapter.
3.5MM LINE OUT (L)
The H3-VR fits right in with your existing gear, featuring a dedicated line out for a wide range of 360 cameras or other external devices.
LIGHTWEIGHT/PORTABLE DESIGN (M)
Weighing less 5 ounces (120g), the H3-VR is the perfect Ambisonics recorder to take on the go. And since H3-VR records directly to an SD card, there’s no need for external gear.
- H3-VR Handy Recorder
- Foam windscreen
- Dual mounting bracket
- AA batteries
- 4 built-in mics arranged in an Ambisonic array
- Full-sphere surround sound recording
- Single-knob gain control of all input levels
- Onboard Ambisonics A to B decoding
- Three recording modes: Ambisonics, Stereo Binaural or Standard Stereo
- Record up to 24bit/96kHz
- Stereo binaural monitoring of Ambisonics signal
- Headphone output and line output
- Slate tone
- Extensive metadata
- Auto Mic Position Detection using 6-axis gyroscope (upfront, endfire,
- upside-down, endfire inverted)
- Level Function to ensure precise angle placement
- Wireless iOS remote control available through the BTA-1 Bluetooth adapter
- Onboard Ambisonics playback with audio rotation
- Accurate internal clock with .5ppm discrepancy
- USB 2.0 Audio Interface Mode
- Zoom PC/Mac post-production software to play, change a direction, and convert
- to binaural, stereo,and 5.1ch surround file
- Powered by 2 AA batteries or USB bus power
- Records to SD card up to 512GB
- RECORDING MEDIA:
- Cards compatible with microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC specifications
- (Class 4 or higher)
- RECORDING FORMATS:
- Ambisonics A, Ambisonics B (FuMa/AmbiX)
- WAV 4ch poly (supports BWF and iXML): 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit, 96 kHz/16-bit, 96 kHz/24-bit
- WAV stereo (supports BWF and iXML): 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit, 96 kHz/16-bit, 96 kHz/24-bit
- WAV stereo (supports BWF and iXML): 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit
- DISPLAY: 1.25" monochrome LCD (96×64)
- MOTION SENSOR: 6 axes (3-axis gyro, 3-axis acceleration)
- BUILT-IN AMBISONIC MIC:
- 4 matched unidirectional condenser mics
- Maximum sound pressure input: 120 dB SPL
- Mic gain: +18 – +48 dB
- LINE OUT:
- Connector: 3.5 mm stereo mini
- Maximum output level: −10 dBu (1 kHz, 10 kΩ load)
- PHONE OUT:
- Connector: 3.5 mm stereo mini
- Maximum output level: 20 mW + 20 mW (into 32Ω load)
- Connector: microUSB
- Mass storage operation
- USB 2.0 High Speed
- Audio interface operation
- 2 in/2 out (stereo/binaural input), USB 2.0 Full Speed
- 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/16-bit
- 4 in/2 out ( Ambisonics A/FuMa/AmbiX input), USB 2.0 High Speed
- 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit
- 2 AA batteries (alkaline, rechargeable NiMH or lithium)
- AC adapter (ZOOM AD-17): DC 5V/1A (supports USB bus power)
- ESTIMATED CONTINUOUS RECORDING TIME USING BATTERIES:
- 48 kHz/24-bit, FuMa Rec Mode
- Alkaline batteries: about 11.5 hours
- NiMH batteries (1900 mAh): about 11.5 hours
- Lithium batteries: about 24 hours
- • The above values are approximate.
- • Continuous battery operation times were determined using in-house testing methods. They will vary greatly according to use conditions.
- EXTERNAL DIMENSIONS: 76 mm (W) × 78 mm (D) × 123 mm (H)
- WEIGHT (MAIN UNIT ONLY): 120 g