- Studio Accessories
Get an up-close and broadcast-ready sound from your vocals and instruments with the SD-1 Standard Dynamic Cardioid Microphone from Universal Audio. With its wide frequency response from 50 Hz to 16 kHz, this versatile mic's dynamic capsule delivers polished, natural sounding recordings and can be used to capture speech, vocals, and a wide variety of instruments.
The SD-1 features a low-cut filter to reduce rumbling and unwanted low-end noise, while the Articulation Boost adds a presence boost in the 3 to 5 kHz range for additional high-end clarity if desired. The capsule's cardioid pickup pattern focuses audio capture in front of the microphone, picking up less background sound and making the mic well suited for streaming and podcasting applications, even in less than perfect acoustic spaces.
The SD-1 delivers studio-grade sound and style, no matter where you record. It's tailor-made for close-miked speech and vocals, with a simple dynamic design that naturally rejects background noises like fans, refrigerators, and noisy bandmates.
Shape Your Sound with Quick Controls
Reduce rumble and mud from recordings with the SD-1's selectable low-cut filter. And with its enhanced articulation boost, vocals and instruments will instantly stand out with added presence.
Sound Like the Pros with Apollo Channel Strip Presets
Take the guesswork out of getting polished sound with Apollo's custom SD-1 mic presets, featuring radio-ready EQ and compression settings for vocals, guitars, and broadcasts.
Deck Out Your Desktop Studio
With a sleek modern design and rear-mounted XLR jack for easy cable runs, the SD-1 will instantly level-up your production space. Whether it's music, podcasts, livestreams, or Zoom meetings, your new go-to home studio mic has arrived.
Capture Your Best Recordings Yet
The SD-1 features an internal shockmount and built-in windscreen, meaning your recordings and livestreams will automatically sound cleaner, with less handling noise and breath sound.
- Dynamic studio vocal microphone with low cut and articulation boost
- Cardioid polar pattern rejects off‑axis sounds and room noise
- Flat frequency response (50 Hz–16 kHz) for natural‑sounding recordings
- Shape vocals and instruments with SD‑1 Apollo Channel Strip Presets
- Internal shockmount reduces low‑end rumble and mechanical noise
- Rear-mounted XLR jack for easy cable management
- Built-in windscreen reduces plosives and breath noise
- Quality UA craftsmanship and stylish, rugged build
- Primary Applications Live Sound, Studio Recording, Podcast, Web-Streaming
- Form Factor Stand/Boom Mount
- Intended Sound Sources Vocals, Speech/Voice Over, Electric Guitar, Electric Bass, Double Bass, Drums, Instrument
- Sound Field Mono
- Capsule 1 x Dynamic
- Polar Pattern Cardioid
- Orientation End Address
- Circuitry Solid-State
- Pad None
- High-Pass Filter 200 Hz
- Tone Adjustment Low Cut:
- at 200 Hz
- Mid Boost:
- at 5 kHz
- Gain Adjustment None
- On-Board Controls High-Pass Filter, Presence Boost
- Windscreen Built-In
- Frequency Range 50 Hz to 16 kHz
- Impedance 200 Ohms
- Load Impedance 1 Kilohms
- Sensitivity -58 dB
- Output Connectors (Analog) 1 x XLR 3-Pin Male (on Mic)
- Headphone Connector None
- Color Black
- Mounting Mic Clip/Stand Adapter (with Included Hardware)
- Mounting Thread Size 5/8"-27 Female (3/8"-16 Female with Included Adapter)
- Included Case None
- Included Filters None
- Dimensions ø: 2.4 x L: 7.7" / ø: 60 x L: 195 mm
- Weight 1.6 lb / 735 g
- Packaging Info
- Package Weight 2.89 lb
- Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 10.9 x 7.3 x 5.6"