- Studio Accessories
The NT1 5th Generation is a revolutionary studio condenser microphone that fuses the classic sound signature of the iconic NT1 with cutting-edge, next-generation technology. It features RØDE’s groundbreaking (patent-pending) Dual Connect output, offering both XLR and USB connectivity for incredible versatility, a world-first “unclippable” 32-bit float digital output, advanced digital signal processing, and more, all while delivering the same warm, silky character, extremely low noise, and high SPL handling that the NT1 is renowned for. The NT1 5th Generation is a true studio workhorse that excels on everything from vocals and speech, to guitar, piano, drums and percussion – the ultimate studio microphone.
Our Iconic Original Studio Microphone, Reborn
The NT1 5th Generation is the latest evolution of the iconic NT1. First introduced in 1991, the NT1 is the world’s most popular studio microphone, renowned for its warm, classic sound and incredible versatility. The NT1 5th Generation takes the much-loved and respected core of the NT1 and introduces state-of-the-art features while preserving the legendary sound quality that made the original the go-to microphone for countless creators. A perfect marriage of tradition and innovation.
Featuring RØDE’s groundbreaking, patent-pending Dual Connect output, the NT1 5th Generation can either be connected to an audio interface or mixer via XLR or directly to a computer via USB for studio-grade, plug-and-play recording. Unprecedented flexibility for any studio setup.
Classic Sound on the Cutting-edge
The NT1 5th Generation delivers the same warm, silky character, extremely low noise, and high SPL handling capability that the original is revered for, with improved circuitry for even lower self-noise – an astonishingly low 4dBA, making it the world’s quietest studio condenser microphone. When using the XLR output, it delivers the rich, classic studio condenser sound you know and love from the NT1. When using the digital output, you get this same sound plus a slew of cutting-edge features to further enhance your audio for recording pro studio sound directly into your computer.
The Digital Studio of the Future
The NT1 5th Generation features a professional-grade audio interface built into the microphone, which is perfectly optimised to preserve its pristine audio fidelity and also offers a range of highly innovative features for enhanced sound, including our ultra-low-noise, high-gain Revolution Preamp™, high-resolution (192kHz) A/D conversion and advanced digital signal processing. This is so much more than just a studio condenser microphone, it's an all-in-one digital recording solution.
The “Unclippable” Microphone
The NT1 5th Generation features a world-first 32-bit float digital output – a revolutionary recording format that allows you to record everything from a whisper to a scream, the softest guitar to the loudest drummer without having to worry about setting your gain – simply adjust your audio after recording and all the dynamics of your performance will be maintained, with zero risk of clipping or distortion. Gamechanger.
Versatility Like No Other
With its smooth frequency response, extremely low noise, high SPL handling, flexible connectivity options and powerful digital capabilities, the NT1 5th Generation offers versatility like no other studio mic. It excels in any recording application, from vocals and speech to guitars, drums to piano, and can fit into any workflow, from a solo bedroom recording setup to a professional studio.
Craft Your Sound
Craft your sound with advanced APHEX® audio processing, driven by the NT1 5th Generation’s powerful on-board DSP. Add compression, a high-pass filter, noise gate, and the legendary APHEX® Aural Exciter™ and Big Bottom™ to your audio with ease using the free RØDE Connect and RØDE Central companion apps. Dial in the perfect sound with the touch of a button using the intuitive VoxLab™ editor or fine-tune each processor using the advanced editor.
Premium Components, Built to Last
Made from premium components, the NT1 5th Generation is built to the highest standard in RØDE’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Sydney, Australia. The HF6 capsule is precision manufactured to sub-micron tolerances to ensure the utmost consistency in tonality and frequency response and is internally shock-mounted for minimising external vibrations. The body is machined from rugged aluminium and is available in black or silver, with high-grade finishes that are extremely resistant to scuffs and scratches, ensuring the NT1 5th Generation is ready to take on the rigours of recording day in, day out.
Everything You Need to Start Recording
The NT1 5th Generation comes with everything you need to start recording in the box, including a studio-grade shock mount and pop filter for minimising unwanted sounds in your recording caused by plosives, knocks and bumps, a premium XLR cable with Neutrik® connectors and Canare cabling, and a high-quality USB-C cable.
- Large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone
- HF6 1-inch true condenser capsule
- Smooth frequency response, high sensitivity and high SPL handling
- Exceptionally low noise (4dBA) – the world’s quietest studio condenser microphone
- Patent-pending Dual Connect output with both XLR and USB connectivity
- World-first 32-bit float digital output
- Ultra-high-resolution (up to 192kHz) analog-to-digital conversion
- On-board DSP for advanced APHEX® audio processing
- Studio-grade shock mount and pop filter, XLR and USB cables included
- Available in black or silver with a rugged aluminium body and high-grade finishes
- Designed and made in RØDE’s precision manufacturing facilities in Sydney, Australia
Acoustic & Electrical Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule: 1.00"
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Address Type: Side
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 100Ω
- Maximum SPL: 142 dB SPL
- Equivalent Noise (A-weighted): 4dBA
- Sensitivity: -32 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (25 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1 kHz
- Analogue Power Requirements: Via XLR: P48
- Analogue Output Connection: 3-pin XLR
- Digital Power Requirements: Via USB: 5V
- Digital Output Connection: USB-C
- Bit Depth: 24-bit / 32-bit floating point
- Sampling Rate (kHz): 48 / 96 / 192
- Processing: APHEX digital signal processing (only available at 48kHz / 24-bit)
- Minimum OS Requirements: Windows 10 Mac OS 10.15
- Weight (grams): 308
- Dimensions (millimetres):
- Length: 52
- Width: 52
- Height: 189