- Studio Accessories
The ultimate SP is here.
Roland SP samplers are the bona fide kings of performance-based beatmaking, celebrated for their distinctive sound and ability to create rapid-fire beats anywhere, anytime. Carefully refined through community feedback and extensive research and development, the SP-404MKII is the ultimate SP sampler. It’s faster and better than ever, with a vivid OLED display, expressive new pads, expanded effects, fluid sequencing and sampling, and a massive library of authentic sounds to inspire your music.
Bigger, better, faster, stronger.
The SP-404MKII has everything people love about its predecessor—with some serious upgrades like 17 ultra-expressive pads and updated knobs for smooth, hands-on control. And beatmaking is even quicker with speedy boot time, swift project loading and sample import, and easy project access via 16 GB of internal storage.
A sampler with soul.
With the SP404MKII’s vivid OLED screen and zoomable waveform view, sample editing is smooth like butter. Chop up samples by tapping out edit points in real time, or use auto chop to slice samples automatically.
All about effects.
Process, flip, and twist your sounds with legendary SP effects and a selection of new classics. SP staples like Vinyl Simulator and DJFX Looper are now joined with powerful additions that include Lo-fi, Cassette Simulator, and Resonator. Layer and route multiple simultaneous bus effects for intricate sound textures, or plug into the mic/guitar input and jam with ready-to-go Vocoder, Auto Pitch, and Guitar Amp Simulator effects.
The SP-404MKII gives you the flexibility to create patterns with unique feel and energy. There’s adjustable input quantize and shuffle for custom swing, Pad Link for firing off multiple samples with a single tap, a Roll button for variable note repeat, and BPM-per-bank for instant tempo changes.
- Vivid OLED display for visual waveform editing, full menu access, and more
- 17 velocity-sensitive, RGB pads with no-click design for smooth playability
- Faster workflow with quick startup and load times, 16 GB internal storage, low-latency pads, and rapid sample editing
- Compact, ultra-lightweight design (2.4 lbs./1.1 kg) with versatile power options: USB-C, mobile battery (via USB-C port), six AA batteries, or AC adaptor
- Extensive onboard effects, including SP classics like Vinyl Simulator and DJFX Looper, new Lo-fi, Cassette Simulator, and Resonator effects
- 32-voice polyphony, 160 samples per project, and 16 internal projects for expanded programming possibilities
- Blazing onboard sample editing with real-time or auto-chop mode, auto BPM detect, envelope, pitch shift, and resampling for layering sounds and phrases
- Upgraded I/O includes 1/4-inch line in/out, 1/4-inch mic/guitar input, 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch headphones outputs, and 1/8-inch TRS MIDI in/out
- Skip Back Sampling to automatically capture up to 25 seconds of audio from your last performance
- Bus FX for layering multiple effects, with customizable routing for creating intricate sound textures
- Pattern sequencer with the ability to create full songs with BPM per bank, ideal for running backing tracks or programming performances
- DJ Mode enables new approaches to live performance by manipulating and mixing two separate audio files
- Maximum Polyphony: 32 voices
- Recordable Data:
- Samples = 2,560 (16 samples x 10 banks x 16 projects, stored in internal storage)
- Patterns = 2,560 (16 patterns x 10 banks x 16 projects, stored in internal storage)
- Internal storage: Size: 16 GB *Including preload data
- Maximum sampling time: 16 minutes (approximately 185 MB per sample)
- Skip Back Sampling: 25 seconds (capturing the last moments of performance)
- Sampling frequency: 48kHz
- Pattern Sequencer:
- Resolution: 480 ticks, quarter note
- Pattern length: 1 to 64 bars
- Multi-effects: 37 types
- Input effects: 16 types
- Connection terminals:
- PHONES jacks: 1/4-inch phone type, Stereo miniature phone type
- LINE OUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch TRS phone type (impedance balanced)
- LINE IN (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- MIC/GUITAR IN jacks: 1/4-inch TRS phone type (for MIC), 1/4-inch phone type (for GUITAR)
- MIDI (IN, OUT) jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- USB terminal: USB Type-C (Audio, MIDI)
- DC IN terminal
- Power Supply
- AC adaptor
- USB bus power supply (USB Type-C port, 1.5 A ormore)
- Ni-MH batteries (AA, HR6)(sold separately) x 6
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6)(sold separately) x 6
- Current Draw
- 1,100 mA (AC adaptor)
- 1,500 mA (USB bus power)
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline battery: Approx. 2.5 hours
- Ni-MH battery: Approx. 3.5 hours
- *This can vary depending on the specifications of the batteries, capacity of the batteries, and the conditions of use.
- Quick start
- "Read Me First" leaflet
- Roland User Registration Card
- AC adaptor
- Warranty card
- SIZE & WEIGHT
- External dimensions: 177.5 (W) x 275.8 (D) x 70.5 (H) mm7 (W) x 10-7/8 (D) x 2-13/16 (H) inches
- Weight (excluding AC adaptor)1.1 kg | 2 lbs 7 oz