- Inspection and Set-up
- Humidity Care
*These are stock photos. Actual color and pattern may vary.
Built on the classic combination of a solid Spruce top and Rosewood back and sides, the Fusion 12 Rose II brings a fresh aesthetic to CÃ³rdoba's popular Fusion 12 series. Introducing the CÃ³rdoba, an innovative pairing that combines the beauty of exotic woods with the tonal character of Spruce. Through applying a thin, real wood veneer to a solid Spruce top, CÃ³rdoba's new +Top concept allows players to choose a unique look without sacrificing that quintessential solid Spruce tone. The Fusion 12 Rose II brings a dark, monochromatic visual allure to the traditional aesthetic of the nylon string guitar.
Rosewood Back and Sides
Featuring elegantly grained Rosewood back and sides with Pau Ferro binding, additional features include a full body with deep cutaway for extended playing range, side dot fret position markers, alternating black/maple rosette motif and mother of pearl CÃ³rdoba headstock arches inlay. Finished using an ultra-thin polyurethane layer to protect the instrument without impeding the vibration of the soundboard.
The Fusion Neck
The 12 Natural belongs to the CÃ³rdoba Fusion series, a line of high quality crossover/hybrid nylon string guitars designed to play and feel like steel string acoustics. With the option of 12 or 14 frets to the body on most models, these slimmer dimensions combined with a radiused fingerboard give the Fusion series the feel and playability that most steel string and electric guitar players prefer. Tonally, the Fusion series models have all the warmth, body, and resonance that traditional â€œclassicalâ€ nylon string guitars are known for, and are built using traditional Spanish guitar methods like domed soundboards and fan bracing patterns.
All Fusion guitars feature Savarez Corum Alliance strings that offer the higher tension feel that most crossover players want.
Fusion Neck Profile
CÃ³rdobaâ€™s unique Fusion Neck with a comfortable 48mm (1 7/8â€³) nut width and fast 16â€ fretboard radius is slightly thinner than a traditional nylon string guitar and provides a playing experience closer to that of a steel string guitar. This familiarity offers an easy transition for steel-string players and players with smaller hands to the world of nylon string guitar. Featuring a Mahogany neck with Pau Ferro fingerboard for incredible playability and smooth response. Stage ready with Fishman Presys Blend pickup system.
- psid: 4
- Target Instrument Weight: 3.5 lbs / 1.6 kg
- Replacement Truss Rod Cover: N / A
- Replacement Tuning Machine Button: N / A
- Replacement Tuning Machine - Bass: ACCORTM-05683 - Cordoba Tuner Honeycomb NKL w/EB OV BTN Bass
- Replacement Tuning Machine - Treble: ACCORTM-05682 - Cordoba Tuner Honeycomb NKL w/EB OV BTN Treble
- Tuning: E-A-D-G-B-E
- Number of Strings: 6
- Waist Width: 235mm (9 1/4")
- Replacement Nut: 01053 - Cordoba Nut Bone 6 String Guitar 48mm x 5mm
- Battery Pack Installation Location: Flip Up Preamp
- Battery Pack: Inside Preamp Compartment - 9V
- Middle Pickup: N / A
- Pickup Type: Undersaddle Piezo + Microphone, Onboard Tuner
- Electronics Vendor & Model: Fishman OEM-PSY-B03
- Tuning Machine Buttons: Black
- pcid: 1
- Replacement Truss Rod Wrench: 008-0000-001 - Truss Rod Wrench 4mm Allen Key
- Replacement Strap Button: N / A
- Nut String Spacing: 40mm
- Replacement Control Cavity Cover: N / A
- Compatible Gig Bag 1: ACCASIB-03543 - Cordoba Deluxe Gig Bag Classical Full Size
- Compatible Case 3: ACCORGB-03780 - Cordoba Polyfoam Case Classical Full Size
- Compatible Case 2: 03754 - Cordoba Humidified Archtop Wood Case CL/FL Full Size Brown
- Compatible Case 1: ACHUMPR-04072 - HumiCase ProtÃ©gÃ© Classical
- Replacement Gig Bag: N / A
- Replacement Case: N / A
- Replacement Other Cover: N / A
- Replacement Output Jack Plate: N / A
- Replacement Pickguard: N / A
- Replacement Output Jack: N / A
- Replacement Control Knob: N / A
- Replacement Battery Box & Output Jack: N / A
- Replacement Pickup & Preamp System: ACFISHM-05063 - Cordoba Pickup Fishman Presys Blend Complete
- Replacement Saddle: 01066 - Cordoba Saddle Bone 6 String Guitar Radiused 80mm x 3mm
- Replacement Bridge Pins: N / A
- Replacement Bridge: N / A
- Tuning Machines Vendor & Model: Der Jung DJ206CK-P12 (S3)
- Tuning Machine Ratio: 0.584027777777778
- Compatible Gig Bag 2: ACCORGB-03750 - Cordoba Standard Gig Bag Full Size
- Headstock Logo: Cordoba Arches Logo - Mother-of-Pearl
- Frets to Body: 12
- Back Binding: Pau Ferro
- Back Center Strip: Pau Ferro
- Tail Strip: Pau Ferro
- Headplate: Pau Ferro
- Neck Joint: Dovetail
- Fret Dimensions: 2.0mm (W) x 1.1mm (H)
- Exclusive: No
- Shipper Carton Dimensions: 104 x 47 x 14 (cm) - Cordoba Guitar Triangle Box (No Case)
- Does it contain shell?: Yes - MOP
- Master Carton Dimensions: 112x58x69 (cm) - Cordoba Triangle Master Carton (6 Pack)
- Family: Cutaway & Electric
- Build: Fusion
- Construction: Solid Top
- Body Top: Solid Spruce w/ Rosewood Veneer
- Top Bracing Pattern: Fan
- Soundhole Diameter: 84mm (3.3")
- Rosette: Maple and Black Rings
- Top Purfling Inlay: 6-ply Maple and Black
- Top Binding: Pau Ferro
- Side Purfling Inlay: 4-ply Maple and Black
- Back and Sides Wood: Rosewood
- Back Purfling Inlay: 4-ply Maple and Black
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Scale Length: 650mm (25.6")
- Neck Shape: Crossover C Shape
- Nut Width: 48mm (1 7/8")
- Neck Thickness 1st Fret: 21mm
- Neck Thickness 9th Fret: 24mm
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Truss Rod Wrench: 4mm Allen Key
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Inlays: N / A
- Frets Total: 19
- Color: Natural (NAT)
- Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Bridge Material: Pau Ferro
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Nut Material: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Cordoba Silver with Black Buttons
- Tap Plate: N / A
- Electronics: Fishman Presys Blend
- Strings: Savarez Alliance /Cantiga High Tension 510AJ
- Included Case: Case Sold Separately
- Upper Bout Width: 279mm (11")
- Lower Bout Width: 368mm (14 1/2")
- Body Depth Upper Bout: 85mm (3 1/3")
- Body Depth Lower Bout: 95mm (3 3/4")
- Body Length: 483mm (19")
- Overall Length: 978mm (38 1/2")
- Country of Origin: China
- Due to ongoing product development efforts, specifications are subject to change without notice.
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.
Acoustic guitars and ukulele are made of wood, and wood is sensitive to changes in climate. Shifts in temperature or relative humidity can affect your instrument in multiple ways, some of which can lead to costly repairs if you’re not careful. Solid woods in particular are especially prone to the effects of climate fluctuation. For example, extended exposure to low relative humidity (below 40% RH) can dry out the wood, causing it to shrink and run the risk of cracking. Similarly, excessive humidity can cause the wood to absorb moisture and swell, potentially causing other problems. Without adequate humidity control (especially in drier local climates), acoustic instruments can crack and their necks can warp, causing problems with fretting, intonation and playability.
So how do you prevent this kind of damage? Easy: by keeping your guitars and ukulele properly humidified (ideally between 40-60% RH). The easiest way to do this is by storing your instruments in a case with a case two-way humidifier inside. A two-way humidifier will slowly absorb or release moisture inside your case, maintaining humidity to help ensure your instrument doesn’t suffer damage. Using a digital hygrometer can help you monitor humidity levels around your instrument.
Symptoms of a dry acoustic instrument:
- Low action. Strings are very close to the fretboard.
- Hump on the fretboard where the neck joins the body.
- Sunken top across the soundboard between bridge and fingerboard.
- The back of instrument looks very flat when it is dried out.
- Sharp fret ends extend beyond the edge of the fretboard.
- The plane of the neck angle on a dry instrument hits above the top of the bridge.
Symptoms of a wet acoustic instrument:
- High action. Strings that are unusually high off the fretboard, making it difficult to play.
- Unusually swollen top
- Unusual warp on the top, back or both at the end-block
- Improper neck angle. Sighting the neck to the bridge, the frets will appear to hit below the bridge.
The D’Addario Two-Way Humidification System
Using patented technology, the D’Addario Two-Way Humidification System features disposable, moisture-filled packets with a breathable membrane that provides two-way humidity control, meaning it can either release or absorb moisture to consistently maintain a predetermined relative humidity (RH) level of 45-50 percent.
Music Nomad Humilele Ukulele Humidifier
Music Nomad the leader in equipment care products, has developed an easy to use, no mess, and low maintenance Ukulele humidifier. The Humilele rests securely on top of the strings to safely and evenly hydrate your Ukulele to avoid these problems.
Final Notes on Humidity Control
To monitor the amount of humidity your instrument is receiving, we recommend the purchase of a digital hygrometer, a device that gauges and provides a read-out of humidity levels. It can be kept in the room where you store your instruments, or, better yet, in a central location inside the instrument case, preferably Velcro’d to the outside of the accessories compartment (facing the heel). The optimal range for your guitars and ukulele is 45-55% RH.