- Inspection and Set-up
- Humidity Care
*These are stock photos. Actual color and pattern may vary.
*These areÂ stock photos. For actual photos of the instrument, please contact us.
Bring your music to life in full color with the ProtÃ©gÃ© C1 Matiz! A fresh take on the traditional aesthetic of the nylon-string guitar, the Matiz series combines maple accents and traditional tonewoods in 4 eye-catching colors: Aqua, Coral, Pale Sky, and Classic Blue. Spruce top and mahogany back and sides provide the projection and warmth associated with a nylon string guitar, while the maple headplate, bridge, and full-scale fretboard give the C1 Matiz an all new look with a lively tonal response. A satin polyurethane finish provides a layer of protection against nicks and scratches, while the ghost rosette, designed after our traditional wood rosette, allows the eye-catching colored tops of the C1 Matiz to shine through and take center stage.
- Waist Width: 241mm (9 1/2")
- Frets to Body : 12
- Headplate : Maple
- Headstock Logo : Cordoba Arches Logo - Laser Etched
- Number of Strings : 6
- Target Instrument Weight : 3 lbs 3 oz / 1.5 kg
- Nut String Spacing : 42mm
- Tuning Machine Buttons : Pearl White
- Neck Joint : Dovetail
- Back Binding : Ivory ABS
- Tuning : E-A-D-G-B-E
- Master Carton Dimensions : 104 x 60 x 15 (cm)
- Individual Carton Dimensions : 103 x 46 x 14 (cm)
- Soundboard Thickness : 2.4mm
- Tuning Machine Ratio : 14:1
- Family : Traditional
- Build : Classical
- Construction : Layered
- Body Top : Spruce
- Top Bracing Pattern : Fan
- Soundhole Diameter : 84mm (3 1/3")
- Rosette : Ghost Rosette
- Top Binding : Ivory ABS
- Back and Sides Wood : Mahogany
- Neck Material : Mahogany
- Scale Length : 650mm (25.6")
- Neck Shape : C Shape
- Nut Width : 52mm (2.05")
- Neck ThicknessÂ 1st Fret : 21mm
- Neck ThicknessÂ 9th Fret : 23mm
- Truss Rod : Dual Action
- Truss Rod Wrench : 4mm Allen Key
- Fingerboard Material Maple
- Frets Total : 19
- Color :Â Â
Pale Sky (PSG)
- Finish : Satin Polyurethane
- Bridge Material : Maple
- Saddle Material : Composite
- Nut Material : Composite
- Tuning Machines : Cordoba Nickel with Pearl Buttons
- Strings : Savarez Cristal Corum High Tension 500CJ
- Included Case : Color-Matching Recycled Nylon Gig Bag
- Upper Bout Width : 286mm (11 1/4")
- Lower Bout Width : 371mm (14 5/8")
- Body Depth Upper Bout : 95mm (3 3/4")
- Body Length : 489mm (19 1/4")
- Overall Length : 997mm (39 1/4")
- Country of Origin : China
*Due to ongoing product development efforts, specifications are subject to change without notice.
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.
Acoustic guitars and ukulele are made of wood, and wood is sensitive to changes in climate. Shifts in temperature or relative humidity can affect your instrument in multiple ways, some of which can lead to costly repairs if you’re not careful. Solid woods in particular are especially prone to the effects of climate fluctuation. For example, extended exposure to low relative humidity (below 40% RH) can dry out the wood, causing it to shrink and run the risk of cracking. Similarly, excessive humidity can cause the wood to absorb moisture and swell, potentially causing other problems. Without adequate humidity control (especially in drier local climates), acoustic instruments can crack and their necks can warp, causing problems with fretting, intonation and playability.
So how do you prevent this kind of damage? Easy: by keeping your guitars and ukulele properly humidified (ideally between 40-60% RH). The easiest way to do this is by storing your instruments in a case with a case two-way humidifier inside. A two-way humidifier will slowly absorb or release moisture inside your case, maintaining humidity to help ensure your instrument doesn’t suffer damage. Using a digital hygrometer can help you monitor humidity levels around your instrument.
Symptoms of a dry acoustic instrument:
- Low action. Strings are very close to the fretboard.
- Hump on the fretboard where the neck joins the body.
- Sunken top across the soundboard between bridge and fingerboard.
- The back of instrument looks very flat when it is dried out.
- Sharp fret ends extend beyond the edge of the fretboard.
- The plane of the neck angle on a dry instrument hits above the top of the bridge.
Symptoms of a wet acoustic instrument:
- High action. Strings that are unusually high off the fretboard, making it difficult to play.
- Unusually swollen top
- Unusual warp on the top, back or both at the end-block
- Improper neck angle. Sighting the neck to the bridge, the frets will appear to hit below the bridge.
The D’Addario Two-Way Humidification System
Using patented technology, the D’Addario Two-Way Humidification System features disposable, moisture-filled packets with a breathable membrane that provides two-way humidity control, meaning it can either release or absorb moisture to consistently maintain a predetermined relative humidity (RH) level of 45-50 percent.
Music Nomad Humilele Ukulele Humidifier
Music Nomad the leader in equipment care products, has developed an easy to use, no mess, and low maintenance Ukulele humidifier. The Humilele rests securely on top of the strings to safely and evenly hydrate your Ukulele to avoid these problems.
Final Notes on Humidity Control
To monitor the amount of humidity your instrument is receiving, we recommend the purchase of a digital hygrometer, a device that gauges and provides a read-out of humidity levels. It can be kept in the room where you store your instruments, or, better yet, in a central location inside the instrument case, preferably Velcro’d to the outside of the accessories compartment (facing the heel). The optimal range for your guitars and ukulele is 45-55% RH.