- 88-Key Keyboard Accessories and Add-Ons
MONTAGE M8x, the next-generation flagship synthesizer from Yamaha. Realize amazing sound with its three engines that recreate warm vintage analog synths, cutting-edge FM synths, and ultra-realistic instruments. The Motion Control engine enhances these capabilities, adding a unique fourth dimension of control to your music making. Unlike traditional hardware synthesizers, MONTAGE M8x seamlessly bridges stage and studio workflows with computer connectivity and integration. For pianists wanting 88-key weighted action, and synth players wanting expressive polyphonic aftertouch, the MONTAGE M8x introduces a new era of sound, control and workflow in music creation.
NEW AN-X ENGINE
A revolution in authentic analog sound, control and behavior, the AN-X engine recreates the warm, classic sound of an analog synthesizer with a host of sophisticated modulation options.
- Three Oscillators with 5 waveforms (Saw 1, Saw2, Triangle, Square and Sine) and Noise Generator
- Two filters with 10 filter types
- Pulse width modulation
- Oscillator Self Sync
- Ring modulation, FM, and wave shaper
- Amp EG with drive
- LFO for both amplitude and filter
- Voltage drift and aging settings to simulate vintage synth behavior
Experience realism and detail with MONTAGE M’s improved AWM2. Offering an incredible 128 Elements per part, AWM2 allows for smoother transitions, giving you an expansive canvas for ultra-high-definition sound creation, especially for “nameable” sounds such as piano and strings.
400-NOTE TOTAL POLYPHONY
A significant upgrade from the original MONTAGE’s 256 notes, MONTAGE M offers up to 400 notes of polyphony across its three engines:
128 notes for AWM2 Preset Waveform Parts
128 notes for AWM2 User Waveform Parts
128 notes for FM-X Parts
16 notes for AN-X Parts
- [PRESET WAVE AND FLASH MEMORY UPGRADE] MONTAGE M offers twice the memory over its predecessor with an increase from 5.67GB to 9.97GB of Preset Wave memory, and an increase from 1.75 to 3.8GB of User flash memory. Plus, you’ll find a host of new sounds and instruments, including pianos, orchestral instruments, drums, and more!
- [FM-X] MONTAGE M rekindles the Yamaha legacy of expressive and dynamic FM Synthesis with its 8-operator FM-X engine, offering a wide variety of diverse tones: from crisp and bell-like, to edgy and aggressive, to mellow and evolving. This is an excellent complement to the AWM2 and AN-X engines.
- [VCM ROTARY AND DRAWBAR BEHAVIOR] Using sophisticated modeling technology, the VCM Rotary Speaker effect simulates the rich and enveloping motion of a classic rotary speaker cabinet. Plus, the new organ drawbar fader setting simulates the vintage “pull out” drawbar organ behavior.
- [16 LIBRARY LOCATIONS] With 16 Library slots at your disposal, you can house up to 10,240 additional Performances (that’s in addition to the over 2,700 performances in the presets), facilitating quick searches by Category, Name and Attributes.
- [PURE ANALOG CIRCUIT 2] The upgraded Pure Analog Circuit included in MONTAGE M reduces noise and improves the dynamic range, crosstalk, low-frequency phase, and distortion rate, resulting in clearer sound at all volumes. You’ll also find the sound has more detailed low-mids and presence.
GEX ACTION WITH POLYPHONIC AFTERTOUCH (MONTAGE M8x ONLY)
Available exclusively on MONTAGE M8x, GEX Action elevates your performance and sound creation with Polyphonic Aftertouch – a revered synth control found in the legendary CS-80 and DX1. Polyphonic Aftertouch allows you to individual modulate held notes with pressure. GEX also provides key repetition behavior typically found in grand pianos.
NEW PERFORMANCE CONTROLS
MONTAGE M introduces new performance controls: a 5-segment ribbon controller with dedicated HOLD button, a new KEYBOARD HOLD button for sustaining chords while using knobs to edit, and a Portamento on/off button and dedicated Portamento time knob.
DEDICATED KEYBOARD, PART AND SCENE CONTROL
You’ll find dedicated Keyboard, Part and Scene Control buttons to control 16 Parts per Performance. This intuitive control, particularly beneficial for live performances, improves overall usability and adds dimension to each Performance.
- [HIGH-RESOLUTION CONTROL] All the Performance Controls – from the Keyboard and Faders to the Super Knob and Sustain, as well as the Sound Engine, are now in High Resolution. Because of the fine resolution, you’ll find the MONTAGE M behaves in a smoother and more “analog” way.
- [MOTION CONTROL SYNTHESIS ENGINE] This groundbreaking engine allows you to interact with sounds in a variety of ways, including Motion Sequences, which dynamically automate synth and effect parameters, and can even be synchronized to tempo; the Super Knob, which controls dozens of modulations in a single gesture; the Envelope Follower, which modulates sound from the A/D input or another Part; and many, many more ways!
- [NEW AND IMPROVED LED LIGHTS AND COLORS] Enhanced LED lights and colors on MONTAGE M faders, Performance, Live Set and Category Search offer visible, instant feedback, vastly improving the user interface.
FASTER, MORE INTUITIVE NAVIGATION
Upgraded navigation enables quick, intuitive sound editing and operation. You’ll find features like a new 512 x 64 LCD screen, 6 touchscreen display knobs, and a PAGE JUMP button that moves what’s in the LCD screen over to the larger 7” TFT Color touchscreen for deeper editing. And the dedicated Navigation button shows an overview of a Performance. Just touch a graphical object in the screen to jump to that parameter for deeper editing. The dedicated Navigation button allows you go directly from the “surface” of a sound to the deepest part.
USB MIDI AND MULTICHANNEL AUDIO INTERFACE
Simplifying your studio setup, MONTAGE M offers a USB MIDI and multichannel 32 output/6 input audio interface. Streamline MIDI recording, virtual instrument monitoring, and multi-track audio recording through a single USB cable, so you can spend more time being creative.
- [FASTER UI] MONTAGE M’s UI is significantly speedier than the previous generation. Plus, the overall look is cleaner and easier to see.
- [CATEGORY SEARCH] Search for Performances by Category (Piano, Keyboard, etc.), Sub Category (Acoustic, Vintage, etc.),Name, and Attributes (AWM2, FM-X, AN-X, etc.).
- [TWO USB-TO-DEVICE PORTS] Allows simultaneous connection of a flash drive (or drives!) and USB MIDI controllers.
- [DEDICATED DAW REMOTE BUTTON] Use your MONTAGE M as a hardware controller for DAWs such as Cubase, Logic, ProTools and Live. Control the mixer, transport, softsynth plugins and more.
- [NEW SHIFT BUTTONS] Two new Shift buttons make it effortless to access secondary functions, increasing overall functionality.
- [COLOR-CODED BUTTONS and SLIDER LAMPS] Backlit LIVE SET and CATEGORY buttons are colored differently and clearly show mode function. New slider lamps show red LED value increments, while active Parts are illuminated in blue.
- AN-X models analog synthesizer sound and behavior.
- 128 Elements AWM2 architecture delivers more articulations, dynamics and high-definition sound.
- 9.97 Gb Wave ROM Preset Memory, 3.8 Gb Flash ROM User Memory.
- 400 note polyphony (AWM2 Preset: 128, AWM2 User :128, FM-X: 128 & AN-X: 16) for modern music production.
- FM-X features 8-operator FM synthesis for creating modern, dynamic synth sound.
- VCM Rotary Speaker effect and realistic drawbar behavior deliver authentic organ control and sound.
- 16 Library slots for thousands of custom user Performances and waveforms.
- Pure Analog Circuit 2 provides clear harmonic reproduction and even frequency response for powerful, clear sound.
- GEX weighted action delivers remarkable piano-like expressiveness.
- Polyphonic aftertouch allows precise control of each held note.
- Number of Keys: 88
- Type: GEX Keyboard
- Display: 7" TFT Color Wide VGA LCD touch screen, 512 x 64 Full-dot LCD
- [USB TO DEVICE] x 2
- [USB TO HOST]
- MIDI [IN]/[OUT]/[THRU]
- FOOT CONTROLLER /
- FOOT SWITCH [SUSTAIN]/[ASSIGNABLE]
- OUTPUT (BALANCED) [L/MONO]/[R] (6.3 mm, Balanced TRS jacks)
- ASSIGNABLE OUTPUT (BALANCED) [L]/[R] (6.3 mm, Balanced TRS jacks)
- [PHONES] (6.3 mm, standard stereo phone jack)
- A/D INPUT [L/MONO]/[R] (6.3 mm, standard phone jacks)
- Power Consumption: 36W
- Width: 56-15/16"
- Height: 6-11/16"
- Depth: 18-1/8"
- Weight: 61 lbs. 15 oz.
- AC Power cord
- Quick Guide
- Cubase AI Download Information
- Expanded Softsynth Plugin for MONTAGE M Download Information