- Bass Guitar Accessories
- Inspection and Set-up
*These are stock photos. For actual photos of the instrument, please contact us.
The Fender® American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
When Don Randall at Fender Sales requested a more sophisticated, high-end bass model, the now iconic Jazz Bass® was the result. The neck was narrower at the nut, providing a faster and more effortless feel and the sleek new body style mirrored the offset contoured style of the Jazzmaster®. By 1966, evolution of the instrument reached new heights with striking new features.
The American Vintage II 1966 Jazz Bass features a comfortable “U— shape hard rock maple neck, and it plays like a dream with a 7.25— radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard and vintage tall frets. Characteristic of production in 1966, this J-Bass® is offered with white neck binding, pearl dots, two volume controls with master tone, matching painted headstock and 4-ply tortoiseshell pickguard. The 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles, vintage-style “lollipop— tuners and Pure Vintage 66 Jazz Bass pickups deliver classic thump and style.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
- CASE/GIG BAG: Vintage-Style Black (Orange Interior)
- SERIES American Vintage II
- ORIENTATION Right-Hand
- COLOR Olympic White
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN US
- HEADSTOCK Jazz Bass®
- NECK MATERIAL Maple
- NECK FINISH Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- NECK SHAPE 1966 "U"
- NECK CONSTRUCTION 4-Bolt
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL Bound Round-Laminated Rosewood
- POSITION INLAYS White Pearloid Dot - 7mm
- SIDE DOTS Black
- NUMBER OF FRETS 20
- TRUSS ROD Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- TRUSS ROD NUT Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- STRING NUT Bone
- NUT WIDTH 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- NUT MATERIAL Bone
- BODY Alder
- BODY FINISH Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- BODY SHAPE Jazz Bass®
- BODY MATERIAL Alder
- BRIDGE Pure Vintage 4-Saddle with Threaded Steel Saddles
- BRIDGE COVER/TAILPIECE Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- BRIDGE MOUNTING 5-Screw Vintage-Style
- PICKGUARD 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- PICKUP COVERS Black
- CONTROL KNOBS Black Plastic
- HARDWARE FINISH Nickel/Chrome
- TUNING MACHINES Pure Vintage Lollipop'
- STRING TREES Vintage-Style Disc
- STRINGS Fender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- NECK PLATE 4-Bolt Serialized with "F" Logo
- STRAP BUTTONS Vintage-Style
- BRIDGE PICKUP Pure Vintage '66 Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- MIDDLE PICKUP Pure Vintage '66 Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- PICKUP CONFIGURATION SS
- CONTROLS Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- SWITCHING None
- STYLE 2 Single-Coil
- DIMENSIONS 6.50x17.40x43.70 IN
- SHIPPING WEIGHT 22.90 LB
- FRET SIZE Vintage Tall
- SCALE LENGTH 34" (86.36 cm)
- SHIPPING LENGTH 43.70 IN
- SHIPPING HEIGHT 6.50 IN
- SHIPPING WIDTH 17.40 IN
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.