- Amp Accessories
Katana MkII takes the acclaimed Katana guitar amp series to the next level, turbocharging the core platform with more sounds, more effects, and more features. Newly voiced variations are now available for all five amp characters, doubling the tonal options. And the onboard effects categories have been expanded from three to five, providing even more real-time processing to choose from. The usability has been ramped up too, with a power amp input for modelers and multi-FX, easy stereo expansion for dual amp setups, updated editor software, and many other enhancements.
Katana—the traditional sword carried by the historic samurai of Japan—is a symbol of honor, precision, and artistry in Japanese culture. Adopting the majestic sword’s name with pride, the Katana series presents guitar amplifiers with smooth, cutting tones honed by generations of dedication and expertise. Born of the development process behind the acclaimed Waza amplifier, these innovative amps embody BOSS’s determined pursuit of the ultimate rock sound. Featuring proprietary circuit designs and meticulous tuning, the Katana series combines traditional craftsmanship and breakthrough functions to produce true next-generation rock amplifiers.
Designed for guitarists who are serious about their sound, the Katana-100/212 offers exceptional tone and touch response for stage playing, recording, and simply practicing at home. A standout characteristic of every Katana amp is the dynamic interaction between its output section and the speaker, which provides the ultra-responsive musical experience that players crave. Going further, an expressive Cabinet Resonance function derived from the flagship Waza amps (accessible via BOSS Tone Studio) allows you to customize this interaction for your touch with three resonance types. Delivering class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence that stands shoulder-to-shoulder with high-end amp designs, the Katana-100/212 is ready to meet the needs of any playing situation.
Sharpened to perfection by the BOSS engineering team, the Katana-100/212’s five amp characters offer everything from organic vintage tones to modern high-gain sounds. Clean is natural and transparent, while Crunch offers satisfying grit and response. Lead has a wide gain range to suit many styles, from fat, stinging blues solos to fluid legato shredding. With DNA inherited from the Waza amp, Brown delivers refined high-gain tone sought after by the world’s greatest rock players. The Acoustic character further enhances the Katana’s versatility, providing optimized tone that makes acoustic-electric guitars sound stunningly natural.
- Stage-ready 100-watt combo amp with a custom 12-inch speaker
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence
- Five unique amp characters (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, and Acoustic), plus newly voiced variations for each
- Five independent effects sections (Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb), with three selectable variations in each
- Dedicated Pedal FX for foot-controlled wah and pedal bend
- Updated BOSS Tone Studio software for customizing your sound with over 60 different BOSS effects, channel and global EQs, adjustable routing, and much more
- Power Amp In for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects
- Stereo Expand out to link with a second Katana MkII (100-watt models only)
- Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
- Three Cab Resonance options (Vintage, Modern, and Deep), selectable in BOSS Tone Studio
- Mic'd cabinet emulation on the line, USB, and phones/recording outputs, with three Air Feel settings available in BOSS Tone Studio
- Optional GA-FC foot controller provides complete amp control, including Tone Setting selection, effects on/off, expression pedal control, and more
- Connections for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Effect loop, with selectable series/parallel operation and adjustable level in BOSS Tone Studio
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
- Connectors: INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type, POWER AMP IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type, LINE OUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type, SEND jack: 1/4-inch phone type, RETURN jack: 1/4-inch phone type, REC OUT/PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type, EXP PEDAL/CTL CH1/CH2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type, GA-FC jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type, AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type, USB port: USB B type, AC IN jack
- Power Consumption: 77 W
- Accessories: Owner's manual, Power cord, GA-FC sticker
- Options (sold separately): Footswitch: BOSS FS-5L, BOSS FS-6, BOSS FS-7, Expression pedal: Roland EV-5, BOSS EV-30, BOSS FV-500L, BOSS FV-500H, GA FOOT CONTROLLER (GA-FC)
- Width: 530 mm, 20-7/8 inches
- Depth: 248 mm, 9-13/16 inches
- Height: 484 mm, 17-1/2 inches
- Weight: 14.8 kg, 32 lbs 11 oz