- PA Mixers Accessories
- Studio Accessories
A MULTI TRACK RECORDER THAT REDEFINES 'EASY'
With a familiar touchscreen interface, the R20 makes it insanely simple to track, edit and mix your songs, letting you focus on the music.
MUSICIANS, BE PREPARED TO GET BLOWN AWAY
The R20 has the best preamps and noise floor of any multi track recorder Zoom has ever designed. With six XLR inputs, two combo inputs, and 16 tracks of recording, the R20 is perfect for singer-songwriters to full bands.
DRAG. DROP. PINCH. SWIPE. CREATE.
Navigate and edit with ease, via the R20’s 4.3-inch color LCD touchscreen interface.
COLOR-CODED FOR CLARITY.
Improve your workflow with color-coded faders, gain dials, and touchscreen track regions, making sure you are always adjusting the correct channel.
PUT THE PIECES TOGETHER
Cut, copy, combine and loop. The R20’s interface provides intuitive editing. You'll immediately feel at home.
SPICE THINGS UP!
Polish your tracks and mixes with professional effects such as EQ, compression, and more. The R20 provides a full MFX processor compatible with Guitar Lab software.
RECORD TO SD
The R20 records directly to SDHC or SDXC cards up to 1 TB, giving you plenty of space to track your next song or album.
MONITOR & PLAYBACK
The R20 has a headphone jack for monitoring while recording and dedicated outputs for mixing on your favorite monitors.
A VERSATILE AUDIO INTERFACE
You can use the R20 as an 8-in/4-out or a 2-in/2-out audio interface with PC, Mac and iOS.
The R20 utilizes the Mackie control Protocol to allow you to use the faders and transport controls while recording with your computer and DAW. [*Supported in FIRMWARE V2.0 to be released in the spring 2022.]
ATTENTION TO DETAIL
Inputs - H1-Z is available on input 1, while 48V phantom power is available on inputs 5-8.
Locking AC Adapter
The new Zoom locking adapter ensures security against accidental unplugging.
Access the fully adjustable click track with just a press of a button.
LET'S MOVE FORWARD TOGETHER. Accessibility for the Visually Impaired
The first multi-track recorder that allows accessibility for the visually impaired, the R20 Control App features VoiceOver and VoiceOver Gestures.
What’s In The Box?
- Zoom R20
- ZAD-1220 AC adapter
- Quick Tour
- Steinberg Cubase LE Software
- 4.3” Full-color LCD touchscreen display
- Easy-to-use DAW-inspired interface
- Record up to 16 tracks (8 simultaneously)
- Eight XLR mic preamps, including two mic/line/instrument combo jacks
- Hi-Z available on input 1 and 48V phantom power available on inputs 5-8
- Onboard editing and built-in effects
- Pre-loaded drum loops
- Optional BTA-1 Bluetooth enables wireless control via the R20 Control App
- USB-C audio interface (Multi Track Mode : 8-in / 2-out, Stereo Mode : 2-in / 2-out)
- Records directly to SDHC cards up to 32GB and SDXC cards up to 1TB
- New locking-type AC Adapter (ZAD-1220)
- Up to 24-bit /44.1kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV
- Compatible with Guitar Lab software for Mac/Windows PC
- INPUTS / OUTPUTS
- INPUTS: MIC/LINE (mono) 8
- OUTPUTS: MASTER OUT 1
- PHONES: 1
- MIC/LINE (MONO) Connectors XLR/TRS combo jacks × 2 XLR × 6 (XLR: 2 HOT/TRS: TIP HOT）
- Input gain +6 ~ +50 dB
- Input impedance XLR: 3.9 kΩ TRS: 5.3 kΩ/1 MΩ (when Hi-Z is ON, for INPUT 1 only)
- Maximum input level +4 dBu (@0 dBFS)
- Phantom power +48 V (INPUTS 5–8, switchable in pairs)
- Equivalent input noise –121 dBu or less (IHF-A) with +50dB/150Ω input
- Frequency response –1.0 dB: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- MASTER OUT Connectors 2 TRS phone jacks (balanced)
- Maximum output level +14 dBu
- Output impedance 200 Ω
- PHONES Connector 1 standard stereo phone jack
- Maximum output level 20 mW + 20 mW (into 32Ω load)
- Output impedance 33 Ω
- TRACK SETTINGS
- EQ High: 10 kHz, ±12 dB, shelving
- Middle: 2.5 kHz, ±12 dB, peaking
- Low: 100 Hz, ±12 dB, shelving
- Send Effect
- Stereo Link
- Maximum simultaneous recording tracks 8
- Maximum simultaneous playback tracks 16
- Recording format 44.1kHz, 16/24-bit, mono/stereo WAV
- Recording media 4–32GB cards compatible with the SDHC specification
- 64–1TB cards compatible with the SDXC specification
- Maximum number of simultaneous effects 3 effects (One insert effect on one channel or one send effect available to all tracks)
- Patch memories 50
- DISPLAY 4.3" (480×272) full-color touchscreen LCD
- CONNECTOR USB Type-C: Use a USB cable that supports data transfer. USB bus power is not supported.
- AUDIO INTERFACE OPERATION
- Stereo mix
- USB 2.0 Full Speed
- 44.1kHz, 16/24-bit
- USB 2.0 High Speed
- 44.1 kHz, 16/24-bit
- MASS STORAGE OPERATION Host/Device USB 2.0 High Speed (5V/500mA power supplied when host)
- GUITAR LAB CONNECTION USB 1.1 Full Speed
- USB MIDI KEYBOARD CONNECTION USB 1.1 Full Speed (5V/500mA power supplied)
- DAW CONNECTION (CONTROL SURFACE) FUNCTION USB 1.1 Full Speed
- REMOTE Dedicated wireless adapter (ZOOM BTA-1)
- POWER AC adapter (ZOOM ZAD-1220): 12 V/2.0 A
- Power consumption 11 W maximum
- External dimensions 378 mm (W) × 206 mm (D) × 58 mm (H)
- Weight (unit only) 1.33 kg
- Note: 0 dBu = 0.775 V