HIGH-QUALITY AUDIO FOR TODAY'S IOS
Turn your iOS device into a field recorder by plugging in a Zoom iQ6—a stereo X/Y microphone with a Lightning connector small enough to slip into your pocket. Capture the sound of concerts, interviews, meetings and lectures with precision and full fidelity, then share your creations with the world.
CAPTURE THE MOMENT
The compact and lightweight iQ6 allows you to create high-quality recordings wherever you go. Whether it's a podcast on the fly, an impromptu concert, or a sound effect you want to incorporate into your next video, you can count on your iQ6 to capture the moment with superior audio.
X/Y STEREO FOR VERSATILITY AND REALISM
The iQ6 features two high quality unidirectional condenser microphones in an X/Y configuration—the same ones used in our world-famous H4n Handy Recorder. X/Y stereo recording is a great way to cover a wide area while still capturing sound sources in the center with clarity and definition. You can even change the mic angle from 90 degrees for a tightly focused image to 120 degrees for immersive wide-angle stereo. (US Patent 8184815)
MICROPHONE IN, HEADPHONE OUT
The iQ6's large analog-type MIC GAIN wheel and three-segment level LEDs ensure that you'll always get great audio in every environment—from quiet meetings to loud concerts—with crystal clarity and no signal overload.
The iQ6's dedicated headphone jack—which doubles as a line output—enables direct monitoring during both recording and playback
EXTENDED CONNECTOR, REMOVABLE SPACER
The iQ6 comes with an extended Lightning connector and removable spacer that allows it to be used with most iPhone, iPad, and iPod cases. Simply plug your iQ6 in and start making great-sounding stereo recordings!
THE ZOOM HANDY RECORDER APP
Zoom's Handy Recorder app, available for free from the iTunes App Store, provides a wealth of tools for your iQ6 and iOS device. In addition to offering onscreen level metering, it enables you to set the iQ6 headphone volume, as well as adding an automatic recording function—useful for capturing the sound of meetings, speeches, and other situations where you don't want to miss a thing. Choose linear PCM format for the highest quality sound or AAC format to conserve storage space, then apply compression, EQ, and reverb effects to your recordings. Handy Recorder even allows you to email your files to friends and to upload them to SoundCloud for sharing with the world.
EXPANDED COMPATIBILITY FOR ENHANCED CREATIVITY
Take your creations to a whole new level with the iQ6. It works not only with Apple's Voice Memo and Garageband, but with most apps that support input from an external microphone. Use the iQ6 with voice recognition apps to add high-quality audio; with streaming apps to broadcast live performances; and with music apps to record vocals and instruments in full range stereo.
- Angle X/Y Mics at 90º or 120º degrees
- Lightning connector
- 3-position LED clip meter
- Headphone jack (3.5mm)
- Free Zoom Handy Recorder app
- MICROPHONE: Unidirectional X/Y stereo (90°/120°) condenser
- OUTPUT CONNECTOR: Stereo mini ⅛" jack (combined headphone/line level output)
- AUDIO QUALITY: 48kHz/16-bit
- INPUT GAIN: +11 to +51dB
- MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND PRESSURE: 130dB SPL
- CONNECTOR: Lightning Connector
- POWER: Powered by the connected iOS device
- COMPATIBLE DEVICES
- iPhone (5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XS Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro and Pro Max),
- iPod touch (5th, 6th and 7th Gen),
- iPad (4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Gen, Air, Air 2, Air 3, mini, mini 2, mini 3, mini 4, mini 5, Pro and Pro 2)
- Note: The iQ6 is not compatible with video or voice call apps.
- SUPPORTED IOS: iOS 6.0 or newer
- DIMENSIONS: 61.1 (w) x 30.6 (d) x 53.1 (h) mm
- WEIGHT: 30.5g