- What's Included
SMALL DESIGN, BIG SOUND
With 32-bit float recording, the F3 effortlessly captures the quietest raindrops and the loudest explosions. Its small footprint allows for this recorder to be placed anywhere, as you capture and monitor up to 192 kHz of high-quality audio.
- This product does not come with XLR cables, a camera, a phone, a stand etc, and any of the other items shown in some of the photos. Please see "What's Included" tab below.
- F3 Field Recorder
- AA Batteries (x2)
- Quick Tour
FOCUS ON THE SCENE
When you’re working in the field or on set, sound levels can fluctuate often and quickly. The F3 allows you to adapt to your scene without having to set the gain or worry about clipping. In post, you’ll be able to work with your capture, regardless of extremely low or high levels.
AWARD WINNING AUDIO
Featuring the dual A/D converters and low-noise preamps found in our professional F-Series recorders, the F3 guarantees high-quality recordings in any setting or situation.
The F3 is built with durable side bars, standard tripod mount and slide-resistant rubber feet ensuring that you can mount it on your gear or hide it in any scene. It’s sturdy metal casing and locking XLR connectors is designed for use in a variety of environments.
ALL DAY CAPTURE
The F3 is well-equipped for long location shoots or remote fieldwork, with a variety of power options and massive storage.
- Onboard Power: With two alkaline AA batteries, take advantage of over eight hours of battery life.
- Alternate Power: Set yourself up for an unlimited charge via the AD-17 AC adapter or USB power supply.
- Memory cards: Use a micro SD card up to 1TB to record over 180 hours of audio at the highest possible sample rate/bit-depth.
- 2-channel / 2-track field audio recorder
- Featuring 32-bit float recording and dual AD converters for full dynamic range and clip-free audio capture
- 2 discrete inputs with locking XLR connectors
- Input signals can be monitored with realtime waveform display on LCD
- Compact and Durable (can be attached to boom mic with velcro)
- High quality mic preamps provide a super-low noise floor (−127 dBu EIN)
- Record up to 192 kHz sampling/32-bit float WAV format, mono or stereo files
- Stereo ⅛" Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated Volume control
- Records directly to microSDHC and microSDXC cards up to 1 TB
- Wireless iOS/Android* remote control available through optional BTA-1 Bluetooth adapter (*Android version to be released in 2022)
- Use as 2-in/2-out USB audio interface (up to 24-bit/96 kHz)
- Over 8 hours of operation with two AA alkaline batteries
- Runs on only 2 standard AA batteries or AC adapter (AD-17) or USB battery pack
- Wireless timecode synchronization (*Optional BTA-1 Bluetooth adapter and UltraSync Blue device by Timecode Systems are required.)
- Input and output channels
- INPUTS MIC/LINE (mono): 2
- OUTPUTS LINE OUT: 1
- PHONE OUT: 1
- MIC/LINE (MONO) Connectors: 2 XLR (2: HOT)
- Input gain: Adjustment unnecessary (dual AD converter circuits used)
- Input impedance: MIC: 3 kΩ or more
- LINE: 3 kΩ or more
- Maximum input level: MIC: +4 dBu
- LINE: +24 dBu
- Phantom power: +24/48 V
- Combined channel total of 10 mA or less
- Equivalent input noise: −127 dBu or less (IHF-A) when waveform magnification is ×1024 with 150 Ω input
- LINE OUT Connector: 1 stereo mini jack
- Maximum output level: +1 dBu
- Output impedance: 100 Ω or less
- PHONE OUT Connector: 1 stereo mini jack
- Maximum output level: 50 mW + 50 mW (into 32 Ω load)
- Output impedance: 15 Ω or less
- Maximum simultaneous recording tracks: 2
- Maximum simultaneous playback tracks: 2
- Recording format: WAV
- 44.1/48/ 88.2/96/192 kHz,
- 32-bit float mono/stereo
- BWF and iXML formats supported
- Recording media: 4 – 32 GB cards compatible with the microSDHC specification
- 64 GB – 1 TB cards compatible with the microSDXC specification
- LCD with backlight (96×64 resolution)
- Connector: USB Type-C
- • Use a USB cable that supports data transfer. USB bus power is supported.
- Audio interface operation: USB2.0 High Speed
- 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz, 24-bit
- Mass storage operation: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Dedicated wireless adapter (ZOOM BTA-1)
- 2 AA batteries (alkaline, NiMH or lithium)
- AC adapter (ZOOM AD-17): DC 5 V/1 A
- USB bus power is supported.
- ESTIMATED CONTINUOUS OPERATION TIME USING BATTERIES 48 kHz/32-bit float, 2ch recording to microSDHC card Alkaline batteries: about 8 hours NiMH batteries (1900 mAh): about 8.5 hours Lithium batteries: about 18 hours
- THE VALUES ARE APPROXIMATE. (without headphones, PHANTOM off, LCD Backlight off) Alkaline batteries: about 2 hours
- CONTINUOUS BATTERY OPERATION TIMES WERE DETERMINED USING IN-HOUSE TESTING METHODS. 48 kHz/32-bit float, 2ch recording to microSDHC card NiMH batteries (1900 mAh): about 3 hours
- THEY WILL VARY GREATLY ACCORDING TO USE CONDITIONS. (headphones into 32Ω load, PHANTOM at 48 V (5 mA), LCD Backlight off) Lithium batteries: about 7.5 hours
- POWER CONSUMPTION: 5 W maximum
- DIMENSIONS: 75.0 mm (W) × 77.3 mm (D) × 47.8 mm (H)
- WEIGHT: (including batteries) 242 g