Zildjian began offering Paper Thin cymbals as early as the 1950's. After an exhaustive review of over 70 years in cymbal trends for musical needs that still exist today, the result is a resounding answer to years of customers demanding the return of this weight class. Thanks to new advancements by Zildjian’s R&D team, this new assortment joins the iconic K Family with 18", 19", 20", 21" and 22" crash offerings that blend the popular Paper Thin qualities with the characteristics unique to larger cymbal sizes.
As strong as they are thin, these cymbals offer an explosive dark crash with quick decay, and a buttery under-stick feel. A key feature is a reimagined three step hammering process which unlocks flexibility and sonic nuances that contribute to the unique signature of these crashes. The very thin profiles allow extra shimmer when crashed, providing a low end resonance not found anywhere else in the K Family.
- Thinnest crashes in the K Family
- Explosive, dark crash sound with quick decay
- Buttery under-stick feel
- Cymbal flexibility unleashes shimmering effect and max response
- Three step hammering process for more nuanced playing
- Largest Paper Thin Zildjian cymbals ever