- 61-Key Keyboard Accessories and Add-Ons
MODX6+ is a compact, lightweight, 61-key synthesizer designed for keyboardists to create deep sounds that stand out on every stage, studio or stream.
The most important element of any instrument is the sound. MODX+ makes all elements of your music sound amazing. MODX+ uses the same technology that powers the flagship MONTAGE: 128 notes of AWM2 (Advanced Wave Memory 2) sample and synthesis polyphony for stunning emulative acoustic instruments, synth sounds and drums. MODX+ also features 128 notes of FM-X (Frequency Modulation) polyphony - a unique, expressive, highly-programmable synthesis technology for dynamic, electro-modern music creation.
The AWM2 engine is exclusive to Yamaha synthesizers and offers much more than just sample playback. Each of the 16 AWM2 Parts feature eight programmable synthesizers with 18 different filter types, amplitude, pitch and filter envelope generators, nine LFOs, 3-band EQ and a dedicated dual insert effect with Virtual Circuitry Modeling.
Everything you love about the iconic DX7 meets the latest Yamaha innovations. FM-X produces classic ‘80s or cutting-edge EDM synthesizer sound with incredible dynamic range, power and fidelity. MODX+ goes well beyond the capabilities of the original DX7 with an 8-operator FM architecture, 128-note polyphony, many filter types and more. All with Motion Control for ever-evolving and changing textures to create sounds no one has ever heard before.
Smart Morph enables morphing between FM-X sounds. Its sophisticated A.I. algorithm creates an interactive morphing map from up to eight FM-X sounds. You can “play” this map from the touchscreen or use the Super Knob to move between two points. The result is a staggering number of interesting and interactive new sounds.
256-NOTE TOTAL POLYPHONY
MODX+ features 128-note stereo AWM2 polyphony and 128-notes of FM-X polyphony. Due to the unique architecture of MODX+ and MONTAGE, this polyphony is always available without latency or compromising other features.
Save your music in a flash. MODX+ includes 1.75GB of non-volatile, low latency user flash memory with high speed reading/writing for your own custom samples or synth libraries from here.
MODX+ is packed with DSP innovation, power and sound quality to bring you everything from high-definition reverbs to detailed Virtual Circuit Modeling (VCM) effects. Get EDM sound with effects like Beat Repeat, Vinyl Break or Bit Crusher. Use the Spiralizer effect to create the auditory illusion of tone continuously rising or falling in pitch. Add a compressor with sidechain for a modern “ducking” effect. Or go retro with vintage effects like Analog Delay, VCM Phaser or a variety of Amp Simulators. Piano players will feel like they’re in heaven, or some other incredible performance space, with piano-focused effects like Damper Resonance and HD reverbs for a super-realistic piano experience.
A stereo A/D input allows you to bring external sources like analog synthesizers, vocals and other instruments into the MODX+ motion control system. Which means MODX+ control goes well beyond simple onboard effect processing. Control individual parameters with the physical controls or have MODX+ provide “invisible hands” using Motion Control. Add the Vocoder, Envelope Follower and Auto Beat Sync and it’s like the A/D input on MODX+ becomes an instrument unto itself.
- Width 937mm (36-7/8")
- Height 134mm (5-1/4")
- Depth 331mm (13-1/16")
- Weight 6.6 kg (14 lbs 9 oz)
- Number of Keys 61
- Type Semi-weighted Keyboard
- Initial Touch Yes
- Aftertouch No
- Tone Generator Motion Control Synthesis Engine AMW2: 8 Elements FM-X: 8 Operators, 88 Algorithms
- Maximum Polyphony AWM2: 128 (max.; stereo/mono waveforms) FM-X: 128 (max.)
- Multi Timbral Capacity 16 Parts (internal), Audio Input Parts (A/D*, USB*) *stereo Part
- Wave Preset: 5.67 GB (when converted to 16 bit linear format), User: 1.75 GB
- Performance 2,227
- Filter 18 types
- Effects Reverb x 12 types, Variation x 88 types, Insertion (A, B) x 88 types*2, Master Effect x 26 types *2 A/D part insertion x 83 types (Preset settings for parameters of each effect type are provided as templates) Master EQ (5 bands), 1st part EQ (3 bands), 2nd part EQ (2 bands)
- Controllers Master Volume, AD Input Gain knob, USB Volume, Pitch Bend wheel, Modulation wheel, Control Sliders x 4, Knobs x 4, Super Knob, Data dial
- Display 7" TFT Color Wide VGA LCD touch screen
- Connectors [USB TO DEVICE], [USB TO HOST], MIDI [IN]/[OUT], FOOT CONTROLLER /, FOOT SWITCH [ASSIGNABLE]/[SUSTAIN], OUTPUT [L/MONO]/[R] (6.3 mm, standard phone jacks), [PHONES] (6.3 mm, standard stereo phone jack), A/D INPUT [L/MONO]/[R] (6.3 mm, standard phone jacks)
- Power Consumption 16 W (when using PA-150B AC adaptor)
- Accessories AC adaptor (PA-150B or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha*), Owner’s Manual, Cubase AI Download Information *May not be included depending on your area. Check with your Yamaha dealer.
- Live Sets Preset: 256 and more, User: 2,048
- Note Capacity Approx. 130,000 notes
- Storage Size Approx. 520,000 notes (for Patterns) and approx. 520,000 notes (for Songs)
- Note Resolution 480 ppq (parts per quarter note)
- Tempo (BPM) 5 – 300
- Songs 128 songs
- Tracks 16 Sequence tracks
- Recording type Real time replace, Real time overdub, Real time punch in/out
- Patterns 128 patterns
- Arpeggio Parts: 8 Parts simultaneous (max.), Preset: 10,239 types User: 256 types
- Sequence formats MODX original format, SMF formats 0, 1
- 61 Key Keyboard Cases and Bags*
- Keyboard Benches
- Keyboard Stands
- Sustain, Damper and Expression Pedals
- Keyboard Amps
- Studio Monitors
- Powered PA speakers
- Keyboard and Piano Books
* These are suggestions Only - Not all Cases will fit all 61 key keyboards. Please be sure to check the product measurements listed for the keyboard versus the bag capacity listed on the bag product.