- Bass Guitar Accessories
- Inspection and Set-up
*These are stock photos. For actual photos of the instrument, please contact us.
A superb gateway into the time-honored Fender® family, the Squier® Affinity Series™ Jazz Bass® delivers legendary design and quintessential tone for today’s aspiring bassist. This J Bass® features several player-friendly refinements such as a thin and lightweight body, a slim and comfortable “C”-shaped neck profile and vintage-style open-gear tuning machines for smooth, accurate tuning. Loaded with two Squier single-coil J Bass pickups for a wide variety of tones, this model is ready to help lay the foundation for any player at any stage.
SQUIER SINGLE-COIL PICKUPS
Voiced in-house at Fender, these Squier single-coil Jazz Bass pickups produce fat, articulate tone for a wide variety of styles.
“C”-SHAPED NECK PROFILE
A “C”-shaped profile creates a slim, comfortable and easy to play neck.
OPEN-GEAR TUNING MACHINES
These vintage-style tuning machines have a classic look and provide smooth, accurate tuning.
- Thin and lightweight body
- Slim “C”-shaped neck profile
- Squier single-coil pickups
- Open-gear tuning machines
- 4-saddle bass bridge
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Bridge Pickup: Ceramic Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Neck Pickup: Ceramic Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Switching: None
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Standard
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Squier®
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Legal Notice: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rod: Head Adjust
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.