- Bass Guitar Accessories
- Inspection and Set-up
*These are stock photos. Actual color and pattern may vary.
A superb gateway into the time-honored FenderÂ® family, the SquierÂ® Affinity Seriesâ„¢ Precision BassÂ® PJ delivers legendary design and quintessential tone for todayâ€™s aspiring bassist. This P BassÂ® features several player-friendly refinements such as a thin and lightweight body, a slim and comfortable â€œCâ€-shaped neck profile and vintage-style open-gear tuning machines for smooth, accurate tuning. Loaded with a Squier split single-coil P Bass neck pickup and a single-coil J BassÂ® bridge pickup for a wide variety of tones, this model is ready to help lay the foundation for any player at any stage.
PJ PICKUP CONFIGURATION
The split single-coil Precision Bass neck pickup in this model is accompanied by a Jazz Bass single-coil pickup in the bridge position, offering a wide range of sonic variety.
â€œCâ€-SHAPED NECK PROFILE
A â€œCâ€-shaped profile creates a slim, comfortable and easy to play neck.
OPEN-GEAR TUNING MACHINES
These vintage-style tuning machines have a classic look and provide smooth, accurate tuning.
- Thin and lightweight body
- Slim â€œCâ€-shaped neck profile
- PJ pickup configuration
- Open-gear tuning machines
- 4-saddle bass bridge
- Body Matpe :Â Precision BassÂ®
- Body Finish :Â Gloss Polyurethane
- Bridge Pickup :Â Ceramic Single-Coil Jazz BassÂ®
- Neck Pickup :Â Ceramic Split Single-Coil
- Controls :Â Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Configuration :Â PJ
- Bridge :Â 4-Saddle Standard
- Hardware Finish :Â Chrome
- Tuning Machines :Â Vintage-Style
- Pickguard :Â 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs :Â Knurled Flat-Top
- Neck Plate :Â 4-Bolt SquierÂ®
- Strings :Â Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Legal Notice :Â WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Neck Material :Â Maple
- Neck Finish :Â Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape :Â "C" Shape
- Scale Length :Â 34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Material :Â Maple
- Fingerboard Radius :Â 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets :Â 20
- Fret Size :Â Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material :Â Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width :Â 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays :Â Black Dot
- Truss Rod :Â Head Adjust
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.