If you want to capture a classic look, you need the gear to match the genre. Nothing completes the style quite like the 55SH Series II, a microphone that has been gripped by legends for decades. Others may imitate, but none can duplicate the form and function standards Shure has held from our first Unidyne mic to our latest.
Built on the hardware of our seminal Unidyne 55 microphone, the look of the 55SH Series II transports you to a classic era. Whether you recreate the broadcasting golden age or sing with the hip-swinging swagger of the birth of rock n’ roll, this is the mic that makes the scene.
HOW IT WORKS
Built on the hardware of our seminal Unidyne 55 microphone, the look of the 55SH Series II transports you to a classic era. Whether you recreate the broadcasting golden age or sing with the hip-swinging swagger of the birth of rock n’ roll, this is the mic that makes the scene
A standout on any stage
The cardioid directional pattern captures the exact sound you want, regardless of acoustic environment. So it’s perfect for live performance in a variety of venues.
Made to move
The shock-mounted cartridge minimises stand noise. So swing while you sing. It can handle the motion.
Microphones get dropped, tossed and knocked around. We know. We’ve been making them for nearly a century. It’s why we built the 55SH Series II with a rugged, die-cast casing, so it’s always ready for the next show.
- Uniform cardioid pick-up pattern for maximum gain before feedback and excellent rejection of off-axis sound
- Tailored frequency response specifically shaped for speech, vocals and instrumental music
- Chrome die-cast metal construction and mechanical design resists wear and abuse
- Classic appearance, modern performance
- Shock mounted cartridge minimizes stand transmitted noise, ensures quiet operation
- Self-tensioning swivel mount permits tilting through 45 degrees forward and 80 degrees backward
- On/Off switch
- Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
- Type Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern Cardioid
- Output Impedance EIA rated at 150 Ω (270 Ω actual)
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage -58.0 dBV/Pa
- Polarity Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Weight 0.624 kg (1.37 lb)
- Housing Chrome-plated die casting  1 Pa = 94 dB SPL