- Headphone Accessories
- Studio Accessories
When working at home or in the studio, you need your mix to sound as it does when your listeners hear it. The HD 400 PRO open-back studio headphones provide a natural and accurate listening experience for fine tuning your signature sound. Its lightweight design and velour earpads provide the comfort you need during long sessions. In addition, open ear cups and angled transducers allow for a wide and transparent soundstage, making the HD 400 PRO a reliable companion for those who put quality and precision above all else.
Reference-grade headphones for project and professional mixing sessions
The frequency range of HD 400 PRO was developed to be honest across the board, especially when it comes to the lower end of the spectrum. The angled transducer design allows for unique stereo imaging, reproducing the spatial sound of your mix.
In other words, what goes in is what comes out. Reproducing analytical audio, the HD 400 PRO reference headphones are your everyday tool to get the job done.
Open back, open mix
Open ear cups allow for a wide and transparent soundstage, recreating the optimal listening position found in high-end recording studios. Artifacts of a confined space are a thing of the past. These studio headphones do not construe, but rather ensure neutral transparency – the groundwork for the best mixes.
The perfect synergy of comfort & precision
Let's face it, mixing sessions are never quick. The HD 400 PRO's lightweight design allows you to focus on your project for hours on end. Articulating earcups, velour earpads and an adjustable headband allow for adaptability and comfort to perfectly match the shape of your head.
Our self-developed 120-ohm transducers are tuned for accuracy to deliver every detail of your mix. The highly efficient driver magnet provides clarity while its damping system manages ventilation. This results in deeper bass while extenuating distortion that otherwise impacts sound quality — a difference professional users will appreciate.
More tools for more options
The HD 400 PRO features a detachable coiled cable. For convenience, a straight cable is also included in the delivery. With a screw-on adapter you can connect to your mixing desk, audio interface or any audio device that has a 1/4-inch (6.3mm) or 1/8-inch (3.5mm) output.
Place yourself in the sweet spot of your mixing environment
With dearVR MIX, the immersive audio expert Dear Reality turns the HD 400 PRO into a virtual world-class stereo mix room with carefully designed acoustics, all through advanced spatial audio technology. Gain confidence and create better mixes by inserting the AAX/VST3/AU plugin into your DAW and monitoring your session in reference studio acoustics or additional common listening environments, such as a car. With Dear Reality’s unique Spatial Headphone Compensation (SHC) technology, the sound characteristics of the HD 400 PRO remain unrestricted in the virtual studio environment, providing a monitoring solution to ensure that audio productions translate reliably to any sound system – regardless of production type or music genre.
What's in the box?
- HD 400 PRO Studio Reference Headphone
- 3 m coiled cable with 3.5 mm jack plug
- 3.5 mm jack plug to 6.3 mm adapter
- 1.8 m straight cable
- Quick Guide
- Safety Guide
- A professional's tool with neutral sound reproduction
- Lightweight design for all-day usage
- Single-sided, coiled cable allows freedom to operate. For convenience, a straight cable is also included
- Angled transducers designed for low distortion at high SPL's provide a spacious and accurate soundstage
- Impedance: 120 Ω
- Frequency response: 6 Hz to 38 kHz (-10 dB)
- Sound pressure level (SPL): 110 dB (1 kHz / 1 V RMS)
- THD, total harmonic distortion: < 0.05 % (1 kHz / 90 dB SPL)
- Ear coupling: circumaural
- Jack plug: 3.5 mm jack plug with 6.3 mm adapter
- Weight: 240 g
- Storage temperature: –55 °C to +70 °C (–67 °F to 158 °F)
- Operating temperature: –15 °C to +55 °C (5 °F to 131 °F)
- Operating relative humidity: ≤ 90 %
- Accoustic principle: dynamic, open
- Ear pad material: Velour