- Sax Accessories
After 100 years of innovation, design, and manufacturing of the saxophone, Henri SELMER Paris redefines the modern identity of the tenor saxophone with the Supreme.
The tenor Supreme achieves the feat of surpassing the flexibility and sensation of lightness found in historic models and combining those features with the precision and exactness of pitch found in modern ones.
It is both powerful and capable of infinite refinement. It allows for an impressive power or a very expressive lyricism. Its dynamic possibilities go from a barely audible whisper to a wailing scream.
PLEASURE AND EVIDENCE OF PLAY
The creation of the Supreme embodies the culmination of an age-old savoir-faire combined with a perfect mastery of fabrication tools, all rising to meet the expectations of the Maison SELMER.
The tenor Supreme defies the natural inertia inherent to the tenor, offering a real sensation of lightness from the moment it enters the musicians’ hands, thanks a redistribution of its overall equilibrium and its compact ergonomics. This liberty manifests itself, above all, in the immense flexibility and suppleness of sound, previously unattainable in a tenor, which has been achieved with the new bore.
This new identity for the tenor Supreme is complemented by a creative, bold and innovative aesthetic that can be found in every detail of the instrument.
WHAT'S BEHIND CONCEPTION
It has taken over 12 years to design the tenor Supreme, and to achieve the ambitious objective set from the beginning: to create the best tenor saxophone ever made by Henri SELMER Paris in terms of acoustics, mechanics, ergonomics and aesthetics.
Dozens of tenor players of all musical genres from around the world have participated in the various trials to define the many fundamental details which have given birth to the tenor Supreme: aninstrument with strong ties to its past, conceived for the music of today and tomorrow.
- Nickel silver tightening ring on the neck receiver, bringing density to this delicate area. Since it is not connected to the neck receiver, its position is adjustable.
- Direct adjustment arm between the right hand F# and F keys, allowing for finer, more reliable adjustment.
- 3-point concentric clamp on the neck receiver for a better junction between the neck and the body, ensuring a better hold over time and avoiding deformation of the neck and the tenon.
- Octave key system with teflon supports to limit movement, noise and wear.
- Hinged toggle on left hand pinky finger keys allows for greater ease of movement from one key to another.
- Repositioned strap ring for better overall equilibrium.
- Redesign of side key forms and placements, facilitating transition from one to the other.
- Tone: B-flat
- Ambitus: Low Bb / High F#
- Pads: Leather with rivetless metal resonators
- Thumb support: Metal
- Finish: Dark Lacquered
- Included Accessories:
- Concept Mouthpiece
- Neck strap
- 2 Swabs
- Silk/microfibre cloth
- Cork grease
- Supreme case