Finish more music.
When inspiration strikes, VERSELAB helps you capture, refine, and finish your ideas. The fluid, hands-on workflow simplifies music making with modern vocal recording, pattern generators, thousands of ZEN-Core sounds, mastering effects, and more. Plug-and-play integration with Roland’s Zenbeats app expands your production capabilities using your computer or mobile device.*
Hit the ground running.
Music production can require a lot of time, money, and expertise. And for many new producers, it’s hard to know where to begin. VERSELAB has everything you need to make radio-ready tracks without all the complications, so you can focus on what matters most—your music.
From intro to outro.
If you’re a vocalist, beatmaker, or both, it’s easy to create complete songs with VERSELAB, regardless of your skill level. Move fluidly from ideas to beats, hooks, and your listeners’ ears with song templates, pattern generators, and a guided workflow that keeps you on track. Whether you’re just getting started, getting lost with too many options, or need to take a sledgehammer to writer’s block, VERSELAB is there to keep it moving.
Bars meet beats.
VERSELAB is designed for modern music making and vocal recording. The high-quality XLR mic input makes it easy to record vocals with built-in effects like Auto-Pitch, Harmonizer, Doubler and more. Just plug in a mic, dial in the sound, and go. With 16 easy access takes and the ability to copy them anywhere in your song, arranging is a snap.
Sounds from the source.
For songs to knock, you need the best sounds available. Roland’s sound has helped define hip-hop and other modern genres for decades, from the TR-808 to the SP-404. This sonic legacy is packed into VERSELAB, with over 3000 curated sounds that hit the spot.
Hands-on music making.
Go beyond the mouse and keyboard with VERSELAB’s inspiring RGB-lit pads and hands-on controls. Combining the TR-REC step sequencer found in legendary Roland drum machines with an ultra-responsive 4x4 pad matrix, you can bang out drum tracks, basslines, and melodic parts as fast as they come to you.
Plug-and-play with Zenbeats.
With expanding plug-and-play Zenbeats integration, you can connect VERSELAB to your computer, tablet, or smartphone for another level of production capability. Mix your VERSELAB songs or bounce tracks in Zenbeats, use plug-in instruments and effects, and much more via a simple USB connection.
Collab and connect.
VERSELAB is compact, portable, and can be powered by a mobile battery, so you can make tracks just about anywhere. Collaborate in person or remotely by sharing projects or tapping into the cloud storage features of Zenbeats.
- Finish complete songs with inspiring hands-on workflow
- Record vocals with modern effects like Auto-Pitch, Harmonizer, and Doubler
- Curated collection of over 3000 sounds for modern styles from the makers of the TR-808
- 4x4 pads and TR-REC step sequencer for drums, basslines, and melodic parts
- Songwriting tools and generators get you started and keep you flowing
- Interface with your smartphone, tablet, or computer for easy file transfer
- Plug-and-play integration with Roland Zenbeats app expands your production capabilities*
- High-quality mixing and mastering effects for pro results
- Make music on the move with power via a mobile battery or USB
- Built-in mic and XLR mic input with phantom power
- Stereo ¼-inch I/O, dual headphones jacks, and MIDI I/O
- Maximum Polyphony
- ZEN-Core: 128 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
- Looper: 8 (varies according to the available number of Looper track)
- Vocal Take: 16 (varies according to the vocal take size)
- Tracks 7 tracks and 1 vocal track
- Sections 16 sections
- Vocal Take 16 takes
- Preset Tone: 3,000 or greater
- Preset Drum Kit: 80 or greater
- User Sample (as a Tone or Drum Kit): available by importing from SD card
- Looper Sample (as a clip of Looper track): available by importing from SD card, recording via EXT IN/Tracks
- Track Multi-Effects: 90 types
- Track EQ
- Chorus/Delay: 9 types
- Reverb: 7 types
- Master Effects: 90 types
- Master Compressor
- Master EQ
- Step Sequencer Maximum Step: 128 steps
- External Storage SD card (SDHC supported) for saving Project Data and Audio Data
- PHONES jacks: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type, Stereo miniature phone type
- MIX OUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- EXT IN (L/MONO/MIC, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- MIC IN: XLR type (phantom power: +48 V, 10 mA Max.)
- MIDI (IN, OUT1) connectors
- USB port: USB B type (Audio, MIDI)
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply
- AC adaptor
- Obtained via USB port (USB bus power)
- Leaflet "Read Me First"
- AC adaptor
- SD card (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)
- SD card protector
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Width 13-15/16 inches
- Depth 8-3/16 inches
- Height 2-3/8 inches
- Weight 2 lbs 10 oz