The OD-200 Hybrid Drive brings next-level sound, feel, and flexibility to overdrive and distortion, combining decades of BOSS tone expertise with innovative technologies. Powered by hybrid analog/digital circuitry, this dream pedal delivers any drive tone you can imagine via 12 primary modes, 15 boost types, series/parallel gain paths, and more. There’s even an advanced gate on board, ideal for both eliminating noise and adding tightness to high-gain drive tones.
Premium Drive Tones with BOSS’s Advanced Hybrid Design
The OD-200’s next-generation hybrid design seamlessly brings analog and digital clipping circuits together for the best of all worlds, putting a universe of expressive drive colors under your fingers. Twelve modes offer a variety of premium overdrive, fuzz, and distortion sounds, including a high-gain Brown mode derived from the acclaimed Katana amplifier series.
Powerful Gain Shaping with Series and Parallel Boosts
While each of the OD-200’s 12 main drive modes sound fantastic on their own, you’re able to craft tones even further with 15 switchable boost circuits. Placing the boost in series lets you create traditional stacked drive voices, complete with post-gain level to balance with the bypassed sound or kick up the volume for solos.
Kill the Noise and Tighten Your Tone
With its integrated gate circuit, the OD-200 always keeps your signal clear and quiet when you’re not playing. The default setting is a great starting point, providing gentle, transparent gating that works well for general playing styles.
Dial in Sounds Fast
The OD-200 offers a ton of advanced capabilities, but remains as simple to use as any regular distortion stomp. With dedicated controls, you can quickly dial in the gain and overall level for any selected mode, then sculpt the tone with wide-ranging low, mid, and high EQ.
Save and Recall Your Favorite Setups
The OD-200 features 127 user memories plus a real-time panel setting, giving you 128 total setups to choose from. Any range of consecutive memories and the panel setting can be assigned for scrolling access from a footswitch. It’s also possible to limit the scrolling range or assign memories directly for even faster recall.
OD-200 Drive Modes
- Overdrive: Natural tube-style overdrive with asymmetrical clipping.
- Blues: Highly expressive overdrive sound with wide tonal range.
- Scream: Smooth overdrive sound with mid-focused tone.
- Cntr OD: Mild drive sound modeled on the Klon Centaur.
- X-Drive: Next-generation overdrive that uses BOSS’s Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) for enhanced string separation, increased clarity, and expressive dynamic response.
- Dist: Cutting distortion that’s ideal for a wide variety of styles.
- X-Dist: Distinctive distortion that uses MDP tech for a superior playing experience that’s unattainable with analog distortion pedals.
- Stack Drive: Iconic British stack sound, with range from sparkly clean to a thick vintage roar.
- Fat Dist: Thick, tight distortion sound that’s ideal for riffs and solos.
- Brown: Lead sound inspired by the original British stack amp, with higher gain and razor-sharp definition.
- X-Metal: Wide-ranging modern sound powered by MDP, with superior clarity and string definition even at the highest gain settings.
- Fuzz: Bold fuzz sound with big, round tone and rich sustain.
- Advanced hybrid design with analog and digital circuitry provides a huge range of drive tones from classic to modern
- Twelve primary drive modes plus 15 boost types with independent pre/post gain controls
- Selectable series or parallel boost structures for unlimited gain shaping
- Advanced gate section for eliminating noise and tightening high-gain tones
- Class-leading sound quality with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- Access 128 user setups from the panel or MIDI program change
- Recall consecutive memories plus real-time panel setting via footswitch or dedicated panel button
- Panel Lock function disables controls to prevent unwanted changes
- Customizable multi-function footswitches for bypass, boost, memory selection, and more
- Support for expanded control via external footswitches, an expression pedal, or MIDI
- Full MIDI I/O provided with mini TRS jacks (BMIDI-5-35 adaptor cable available separately)
- Micro USB jack for firmware updates
- Runs on PSA-series AC adaptor or three AA-size batteries
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61), AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw: 65 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: Approx. 6 hours, *These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Accessories: Owner's manual, Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information"), Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- Options (sold separately): AC adaptor: PSA series
- Width: 73 mm, 2-7/8 inches
- Depth: 129 mm, 5-1/8 inches
- Height: 59 mm, 2-3/8 inches
- Weight (including battery): 450 g, 1 lb