Big Sound, small synth
MiniNova packs the sort of specs you'd expect to find in an instrument twice the size, and sounds like one double the price. Whether you're a music production novice taking your first steps in synthesis, the keyboard player in a band looking for a sturdy, road-worthy instrument, or an experienced sound designer after a pro-quality portable addition to your existing arsenal, Novation's backpack-sized beast more than delivers.
Find Your Sound Fast
MiniNova comes with 256 killer sounds, space to save another 128 of your own, and a Patch Librarian for loading and storing as many extra sounds on your computer as you'll ever need.
That's a lot of choice, but you can easily search through them by selecting your style or music, or the type of sound you're after. Bass? Lead? Techno? Hip Hop? Whatever you're looking for, you'll find your sound fast. Don't worry if you're lacking inspiration: we're always releasing new free soundpacks for MiniNova, which we create with renowned artists and sound designers.
Create Unique Vocals
MiniNova's Vocoder comes with a secret weapon: VocalTune. Talk or sing into the mic, and your voice will automatically be tuned to the notes you play on the keyboard. Or, to do something totally unique with your voice, run it through the effects engine. Add reverb, distortion, chorus/phaser, gator compression or EQ - whatever you need to create attention-grabbing vocals, or recreate iconic vocal lines. Don't limit yourself to vocals either: Plug in your instrument or any audio source to do really cool stuff with MiniNova's VocalTune, vocoder, filters and effects.
Animate and Arpeggiate
Switch to 'Animate' mode and press one of the eight backlit buttons to trigger awesome performance functions. Switch to 'Arpeggiator' mode to jam with arpeggiator rhythms in realtime, using the buttons to edit the arpeggiator step sequencer so you can switch steps in and out.
Helping you find your new sound
Music making is all about the journey, and we’re always looking for new ways to inspire you along the way. That’s why we’ve created the Sound Collective. Receive free versions of the most innovative software instruments and creative FX from developers we admire, as well as discounts to help you make the most of third-party software, exclusive to Novation customers.
- Make Huge Sounds: Create dirty-fat bass, soaring leads, lush pads and vintage sounds with up to 18 voices and powerful effects.
- Built By a Legend: MiniNova's synth engine was conceived, shaped and refined by British synth legend Chris Huggett and his five decades of passion, experience and expertise.
- Gently Tweak or Instantly Warp: Subtly tweak your sounds with the knobs, or totally warp them with the Animate buttons, and pitch and modulation wheels.
- Create Unique Vocals: Talk or sing into the mic and run your voice through the keyboard and effects engine.
- Find Your Sound Fast: Instantly search through 256 sounds by type or musical genre, and save 128 more sounds of your own.
- Layer Your Effects: Each voice can be processed with up to five effects, including distortion, reverb, chorus, phase, delay, compressor, EQ and Gator.
- Store All Your Sounds: Use the Editor Plug-in and Patch Librarian to fully edit your synth and effects, and store as many sounds as you can fit onto your Mac or PC.
- Take It Anywhere: Tough, compact and bus-powered via USB, so you can easily take it wherever you go.
- Get Free Sounds: Download regular free soundpacks created by eminent artists and sound designers.
- Utility, display and patch select controls
- 16 character custom LCD
- 1x large detented patch select encoder
- 1x patch sort switch
- 1x volume dial
- 1x detented data encoder
- 5x navigation/utility buttons
- 2x patch navigation buttons
- Keyboard/performance controls
- Pitch wheel (LED lit)
- Modulation wheel (LED lit)
- 37 note keyboard with velocity
- 4x smooth edit/performance pots
- 1x large smooth filter pot
- 1x six position parameter selector switch
- 6x parameter indicator LEDs
- 8x three-colour, back-lit animate/arpeggiator/favourite patch-select buttons
- 2x animate/arpeggiate LED indicators
- 1x back-lit 'hold' button
- 1x animate/arpeggiator/favourite patch toggle switch
- 1x 'favourite' patch select button
- 1x arpeggiator tempo control pot
- 1x arpeggiator tempo indicator LED
- 2x back-lit arpeggiator control encoders
- 2x back-lit octave select buttons
- Inputs, Outputs, rear panel
- XLR dynamic mic input
- 1x ¼" jack inputs
- 2x ¼" jack outputs
- 1x ¼" jack headphone output
- Sustain pedal on ¼" jack input
- MIDI in/out
- 12 volt power input
- USB/DC/off power switch
- USB port (MiniNova can be powered via USB)
- Kensington security slot
- Power Requirements
- USB bus powered
- 9V DC power supply included
- Maximum power consumption 9V DC 300mA
- Product Dimensions (Width x Depth x Height)
- 22.04" x 9.84" x 2.95"
- 560mm x 250mm x 75mm
- Novation MiniNova synthesiser
- Gooseneck microphone
- 1.5m USB cable
- 12V PSU
- Registration card
- User guide
- Getting started guide
- Software download card