This pedal features a hot-rodded classic circuit that roars with huge amp stack tones and old school distortion with a Crunch switch to boost harmonic content.
- A hot-rodded classic circuit
- Roars with huge amp stack tones and old school distortion
- Delivers souring leads and rich, saturated rhythms
- CRUNCH button boosts the dynamic range and harmonic content of distortion
- This pedal can be powered by a 9-volt battery, a Dunlop ECB003 9-volt adapter, or the DC Brick™, Iso-Brick™, and Mini Iso-Brick™ power supplies (not included).
The MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion is a factory-modded pedal that roars with huge amp stack tones and old school tube amp-like distortion.
We took a classic distortion circuit and hot-rodded it to the next level for over-the-top soaring leads and rich, saturated rhythms. With only three knobs, dialing in Badass tone is a cinch. The CRUNCH button allows you to choose between two different modes of diode and LED clipping, boosting the harmonic content of the distortion.
The '78 Distortion's wide open amp-like sound sounds great whether it's in front of a clean amp, a slightly dirty amp, or a full on overdriven amp. Under the hood, this high performance machine features top notch circuitry and hardware meant for a lifetime of use.
- Input Impedance 1 MΩ
- Output Impedance 6 kΩ
- Nominal Input Level -22 dBV
- Max Output Level
- Crunch Off -5 dBV
- Crunch On -2 dBV
- Noise Floor* -84 dBV
- Distortion Range 27 dB at 500 Hz
- Max System Gain 43 dB
- Tone Control
- Tilt EQ ± 4 dB at 100 Hz
- ± 5 dB at 2 kHz
- Bypass True Hardwire
- Current Draw
- LEDs Off 2.5 mA
- LEDs On 6 mA
- Power Supply 9 volts DC