- The Long Story
- Pedal Accessories
- This pedal can be powered by the included Dunlop ECB003 9-volt adapter, or the Iso-Brick™, and Mini Iso-Brick™ power supplies (not included).
The MXR Clone Looper Pedal is highly engineered for incredible sound quality, comes packed with features in a pedalboard-friendly housing, and can be as simple or complex as your needs dictate. Everything you expect from an MXR pedal, in other words.
Whether you’re practicing at home, captivating audiences with improv compositions onstage, or weaving intricate sonic tapestries in the studio, the Clone Looper Pedal has you covered. Just plug in, power up, and start recording an unlimited number of layers—up to 6 minutes long—that will be stored even when the pedal is off. A super convenient LED gives you a flashing 4 count to the beginning of the loop so you can keep your overdubs tight. Loops can be stopped and started in an instant, and your most recent layer can be undone just as fast. Run effects to your heart’s content—with storage sample rates up to 88.2kHz, so this little box will handle even high-gain distortion with ease. To keep your pre-loop signal intact, the MXR team also included an analog through-path. On top of that, the Clone Looper Pedal can be set for either buffered bypass or true bypass switching to accommodate your tone and signal needs.
The Clone Looper Pedal also comes packed with options for sonic explorers, from changing up the speed of your loop—to double-speed (3 minutes of recording time) or half-speed (12 minutes)—to reversing it entirely. Connecting an MXR Tap Tempo Switch to the CTR jack allows you to control all of these functions externally. The EXP jack provides further external control options when you connect a DVP volume pedal to adjust the loop’s output level or an MXR Tap Tempo Switch to engage Play Loop Once mode, which allows you to pull off smooth live performances and re-trigger your loop over and over again for DJ-style stutter effects.
Pedalboard-friendly and built like a tank, the Clone Looper Pedal is easier to use and delivers higher fidelity signal reproduction than any other looper of its type—hands down.
- REC/DUB footswitch controls loop recording and clear loop quickly functions
- VOLUME knob controls output level, loop speed, loop direction and clear loop quietly functions
- PLAY/STOP footswitch controls loop playback and undo/redo functions
- CTR jack allows tap switch to control loop speed, loop direction, and clear loop quietly functions
- EXP jack allows expression pedal to set output level or tap switch to engage Play Loop Once mode
- Input Impedance 1MΩ
- Output Impedance 100 Ω
- Maximum Intput Level +5dBV
- Maximum Output Level +5dBV
- Frequency Response 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Noise Floor -97 dBV
- Sampling Rate 44.1 kHz
- Current Draw 225 mA
- Power Supply 9 volts DC