- Sound Samples
The Anthem has all of the essential tools in one complete system. The feather-weight preamp and controls include: volume, mix, phase and a battery check. The mix control blends from the augmented TRUâ€¢MIC position to Element pickup only.
STUDIO MIC'D SOUND WHEREVER YOU PERFORM
The Award-winning Anthem series, featuring our patented TRUâ€¢MIC technology, seamlessly combines a proprietary condenser microphone with our acclaimed Element pickup to deliver the warmth and fidelity of a studio-micâ€™d guitar anywhere you perform.
At the heart of the Anthem is a revolutionary microphone engineered to capture a dynamic studio-micâ€™d sound for any live performance. The TRUâ€¢MIC mounts to the underside of the bridge plate and hovers just 3 mm above its surface to take advantage of the PZM or â€œboundaryâ€ effect. This proprietary mounting system, combined with noise cancellation, frees the mic to perform as if it were outside of the guitar in a studio and maintain remarkable feedback suppression for the stage. The result is a balanced frequency response with excellent clarity for the purest sound you have ever heard amplified. We have paired the Element pickup with the TRUâ€¢MIC to provide solidity and punch for low frequencies.
- The patented TRUâ€¢MIC carries the majority of the guitarsâ€™ frequency range while the Element Pickup carries the lowest frequencies
- Mix control blends between the TRUâ€¢MIC augmented with low frequency support from the Element Pickup and full-range Element Pickup
- The mic is highly feedback-resistant
- Noise cancelling microphone technology eliminates any annoying honky or boxy qualities from the inside of the guitar
- Mic installs easily on the bridge plate with peel and stick adhesive
- Mic and pickup levels preset for optimum performance
- Soundhole preamp includes volume, mix, phase inversion, battery check, and mic trim controls
- All discrete pre-contoured soundhole preamp with preset crossover
- Element Pickup fits most common string spacings and saddle width
- Comes with battery bag for secure and unobtrusive battery retention
- A. MIX CONTROL (Mixes between mic and pickup) When the mix control is rolled toward the neck, the Truâ€¢ Mic is carrying the majority of the guitarâ€™s voice with the Element pickup supporting only the lowest frequencies. Press this button to invert the phase. Usually one phase will sound best and/or provide the best feedback resistance.
- B. PHASE INVERSION When rolled toward the bridge, you will hear the fullrange Element pickup only. Feel free to experiment with different positions as there is a wide range of great sounding and useful settings. We recommend trying both phases each time you set up.
- C. VOLUME CONTROL Roll this wheel toward the neck to increase the volume or toward the bridge to decrease the volume.
- D. BATTERY CHECK
- Press this button to check battery life. A full battery will light up all 5 LEDâ€™s and should give you approximately 170 hours of playing time. When only two lights are lit, you have about 8 hours of normal playing time left. If only one light is lit, replace the battery. The battery is typically mounted on the neck block or the upper bout. To maximize battery life, make sure to unplug your instrument cable when not using the Anthem. The battery check will work even when there is no cable plugged in.
- E. MIC LEVEL CONTROL (Adjusts the level of the Tru â€¢ Mic relative to the level of the Element).Â IMPORTANT: Setting this control correctly is vital to the sound of the Anthem system. First, you must roll the mix control completely toward the neck. Play through a P.A. or acoustic amplifier while you are making adjustments. A small flat head jewelerâ€™s screwdriver will be needed. Your amplified tone should be well balanced and true to the acoustic sound and feel of the guitar. If it lacks clarity and top-end, increase the micâ€™s level by turning the control clockwise. Back it off slightly If you experience excessive handling noise and/or brightness.