Prelude strings are the educator’s preferred choice for student strings due to their unique blend of warm tone, durability, and value. Prelude strings have the warmest sound available in an affordable, solid steel core string design. Unaffected by temperature and humidity changes, they have excellent bow response.
- Construction: Ball-end
- Core Material: Solid Steel Core
- The world's best-selling steel core string
- Engineered for unparalleled longevity and durability
- Balanced tension for a comfortable feel
- Great for classical, fiddle, jazz, and alternative styles
- All D'Addario strings are designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA
Many cellists use a mix of different core technologies among the four strings to produce a style of playing popular with today's professional cellists. To accomplish this particular sound, players select a mix of solid steel core strings and stranded steel core strings. Solid steel core strings tend to perform better for A and D strings, while stranded core strings fare well for C and G strings. Many string companies construct their cello sets with only one type of core technology, which leads many cellists to select multiple brands of strings for their setup. Some string sets–such as our Kaplan cello set–feature a combination of both solid and stranded steel cores, allowing for the same experience of the popular solid/stranded core mix without having to purchase single strings.