Reflecting a classic Ibanez body style, the Talman Bass Series sports a cool retro look with a sound that will inspire players of all ages. While Talman basses normally have the more common 34”, long-scale, neck, the TMB30 offers a, short-scale, 30” neck. The shorter neck is often preferred by players of smaller stature who find a long-scale instrument to be unwieldy. It is also a favorite of guitarists who double on bass, the shorter scale having a feel closer to that of an electric guitar.
The TMB30 features include a Poplar body for a warm, punchy tone, a Maple neck with Jatoba Fingerboard, a Standard bridge, and a black pickguard to complete the classic vibe. Electronics consist of an Ibanez Dynamix P neck pickup and a Dynamix J bridge pickup for that rich, vintage sound.
- Dynamix pickups: The Ibanez DXP neck pickup and DXJ bridge pickup provide the rich, vintage sound.
- Jatoba Fretboard: Jatoba has a reddish brown color which produces a rich mid range with a crisp high end.
- B10 Bridge: The B10 bridge allows fully adjustable intonation and solid tuning stability.
- neck type TMB4 Maple neck
- top/back/body Poplar body
- fretboard Jatoba fretboard White dot inlay
- fret Medium frets
- number of frets 20
- bridge B10 bridge
- string space 19mm
- neck pickup Dynamix P neck pickup Passive
- bridge pickup Dynamix J bridge pickup Passive
- factory tuning 1G,2D,3A,4E
- string gauge .045/.065/.085/.105
- hardware color Chrome
- This bass does not come with a bag or a case
- Scale : 762mm/30"
- a : Width 41mm at NUT
- b : Width 62mm at 20F
- c : Thickness 21.5mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 24.5mm at 12F
- Radius : 240mmR