Cloaked in a Quilted Maple top with dramatic burst finish, a bound Jatoba fretboard features jumbo frets. Lurking beneath the S Series, graceful 3-D shape is Meranti specifically chosen for S Series instruments. Light enough amaze in terms of comfort, heavy enough to provide the tone and sustain that players expect from the S Series.
As the originators of the thin, fast neck, the Wizard III neck is yet another achievement in playability, providing the kind of comfort that translates to responsiveness and speed. The “best of all worlds” humbucker/ single-coil/ humbucker configuration provides an impressive palette of tone textures.
With the Edge Zero II tremolo, the most extreme sonic acrobatics can be fearlessly performed with confidence that the guitar will effortlessly return to perfect tuning.
- Jatoba Fretboard: Jatoba has a reddish brown color which produces a rich mid range with a crisp high end.
- Wizard III Maple neck: Ibanez's thin, flat, and fast, yet strong and sturdy, Wizard neck offers unlimited playability for demanding players, and features a two-octave 24-fret fretboard for wide tonal range.
- Quantum pickups: The Quantum pickups provide accelerated bass response for exceptionally fast tracking of high-speed staccato riffing with crushing mid range and precise high-end articulation.
- neck type Wizard IIIMaple neck
- top/back/body Quilted Maple topMeranti body
- fretboard Bound Jatoba fretboardOff-set white dot inlay
- fret Jumbo frets
- number of frets 24
- bridge Edge-Zero II tremolo bridge
- string space 10.8mm
- neck pickup Quantum (H) neck pickupPassive/Ceramic
- middle pickup Quantum (S) middle pickupPassive/Alnico
- bridge pickup Quantum (H) bridge pickupPassive/Ceramic
- factory tuning 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- strings D'Addario® EXL120
- string gauge .009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042
- nut Locking nut
- hardware color Cosmo black
- This guitar does not come with a bag or a case
- Scale : 648mm/25.5"
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 58mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 19mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 21mm at 12F
- Radius : 400mmR