Ibanez builds guitars for all levels of players, from beginners to the most demanding masters of the instrument. Regardless of price, Ibanez always strives to offer the absolute best sound, style, and playability in its class.
It all started in 1987, the debut of the Ibanez RG was a milestone in rock guitar history. With its spartan look, supreme playability and versatility due to innovative specs, the RG made a big impact and is still evolving today. The Ibanez Genesis Collection brings back the vibe of the good old days with precise construction by Japanese craftsmanship, to prove that this iconic guitar has always led the rock guitar scene.
A prominent feature of the original RG is the ultra thin Super Wizard neck, constructed of five solid pieces of Maple & Walnut for absolute rock solid stability to provide extra-smooth playing. With the classic Edge tremolo bridge, the most extreme sonic acrobatics can be fearlessly performed with confidence that the guitar will effortlessly return to perfect tuning. The original Ibanez V7, S1, V8 pickups offer a wide range of sound and attack when combined with the 5-way pickup switch. Additionally, incredible tuning stability is achieved through the use of the Gotoh machine heads.
- Super Wizard HP Neck: The neck for shredders - 17mm thickness at 1st fret and 19mm at the 12th.
- V7/S1/V8 Pickups: The RG can dial in any tone, from crystal clear to searing and nasty, thanks to its V7 neck pickup, S1 middle pickup and V8 bridge pickup combination.
- Edge tremolo bridge: The masterpiece Edge bridge offers exceptional tuning stability, precise intonation adjustment, and playing comfort.
- neck type Super Wizard 5pc Maple/Walnut neck
- top/back/body Basswood body
- fretboard Maple Black dot inlay
- fret Jumbo frets
- bridge Edge tremolo bridge
- string space 10.8mm
- neck pickup V7 (H) neck pickup Passive/Ceramic
- middle pickup S1 (S) middle pickup Passive/Alnico
- bridge pickup V8 (H) bridge pickup Passive/Alnico
- hardware color Black
- This guitar does not come with a bag or a case
- Scale : 648mm/25.5"
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 58mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 17mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 19mm at 12F
- Radius : 430mmR