If Ibanez holds the most iconic name in metal, then the RG is certainly the guitar that built this reputation. Every inch of this classic screams speed, fury, and expression.
This RG470MB’s Meranti body is complemented by the distinction of a Maple fretboard, which, as tone aficionados know well, yields a shade more “bite” to the guitar’s voice. As the originators of the thin, fast neck, the Wizard III is yet another achievement in player comfort, comfort that translates into maximizing player performance.
Proprietary Quantum pickups for a focused, vintage meets modern, vibe and you’ve got a guitar that’s every inch a pure metal machine.
- Wizard III Maple neck: Ibanez's thin, flat, and fast, yet strong and sturdy, Wizard neck offers unlimited playability for demanding players, and features a two-octave 24-fret fretboard for wide tonal range.
- Quantum pickups: The Quantum pickups provide accelerated bass response for exceptionally fast tracking of high-speed staccato riffing with crushing mid range and precise high-end articulation.
- neck type Wizard III Maple neck
- top/back/body Meranti body
- fretboard Maple fretboard Black dot inlay
- fret Jumbo frets
- number of frets 24
- bridge Double Locking tremolo bridge
- string space 10.5mm
- neck pickup Quantum (H) neck pickup Passive/Ceramic
- middle pickup Quantum (S) middle pickup Passive/Alnico
- bridge pickup Quantum (H) bridge pickup Passive/Ceramic
- factory tuning 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- strings D'Addario® EXL120
- string gauge .009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042
- nut Locking nut
- hardware color Black
- Guitar does not come with a bag or a case
- Scale : 648mm/25.5"
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 58mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 19mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 21mm at 12F
- Radius : 400mmR